4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Nobody knew it was going to be like this. 

I was astonished when they did better than this last August. I didn't know how that team won a game that month on paper. If you didn't think it would be like this then you haven't paid attention. "Nobody knew it would be like this". You mean like that 61 win Cubs team? The Astros winning 160 games combined over 3 seasons? Come on guys.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Nobody knew it was going to be like this. 

Rick Hahn did.  And JR did, too.

Everyone who has seen what has happened on the North Side, in Houston, and what is starting in Atlanta should have known this was coming.

And this coming from a guy who felt better about this season than most.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

This is correct and has been my approach thus far.  I've mostly been staying out of gamethreads because of the meltdowns from people who think for some reason we would be contending this year. Gio though. Never expected this.

A guy who needed to work on consistency and repeating his delivery, who got stuck at AAA for a while because teams pushed him too hard and he hadn't developed consistency, walking the bases loaded then grooving a grand slam?

By the end of the year I want Giolito wearing glasses that have a pirate symbol on them.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I was astonished when they did better than this last August. I didn't know how that team won a game that month on paper. If you didn't think it would be like this then you haven't paid attention. "Nobody knew it would be like this". You mean like that 61 win Cubs team? The Astros winning 160 games combined over 3 seasons? Come on guys.

There was an Astros game back when they were incredibad where they drew a 0 rating.  0.0

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

If we continue to be this bad, no they didnt. Big If of course.

You realize this roster is so bad that Moncada, TA, and Reylo performing still results in a 60 win team?

Rick does.  Rick Hahn's White Sox are almost entirely developing in the minors

Edited by AustinIllini

Just now, AustinIllini said:

You realize this roster is so bad that Moncada, TA, and Reylo performing still results in a 60 win team?

Hopefully. Right now we'd be on pace to be the worst team in the history of major league baseball. That's fun with sample sizes but still, it's not good.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hopefully. Right now we'd be on pace to be the worst team in the history of major league baseball. That's fun with sample sizes but still, it's not good.

Well, with the except of that 2018 Reds team on pace to be substantially worse than the worst team in the history of MLB.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic