4/22 Astros vs White Sox, McCullers vs Lopez

flavum

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

pitchtrax had it not even close bro, so stfu with that nonsense.  if you want to use pitch trax to tell me when balls are in the zone I'm going to use it to tell you when they aren't even close.

Edited by beautox

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

that pitch was two inches outside, I don't blame him for taking it.  he sure gets rung up on a lot of questionable calls

It was INSIDE, and it was a strike

Edited by soxfan49

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

What am I missing? The ball is on the corner

What's being expressed with the chart is that the typical strike zone (as it is called by the umpires) for left-handed batters does not typically include that pitch.

The Sox are awful, and the Astros are f***ing awesome. Honestly I’d be shocked if they don’t repeat.

By the way, Hawk forgot to mention A-Rod again when discussing best RH AL hitters of the last 20 years again. Frank was great but if Hawk thinks he was a better hitter than Rodriguez, he’s an even bigger moron than I originally thought and that’s saying something. 

When the conversation changed to best hitter of all time, saying “I don’t care to meet him” when discussing Bonds seemed rather s***ty, as I’m sure the feeling is mutual and also that Bonds probably has no clue who Ken Harrelson is

Just now, fathom said:

Was hoping it wasn't just me.  Ball landed only a few feet over his head and his route was horrible.  Makes Melky look like he has great range.

I think Nicky and Davidson will battle for the DH spot for the next competitive team. Both those guys are in for their bats.