Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Found this pretty awesome draft order board with draft values 

 

The Browns are on the clock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is awesome. I'm getting fired out. Quietly I hope we trade down...more fun to have more picks haha.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big board for the Bears would be:

Chubb

Barkley

Davenport

R. Smith

Edmunds

Ward

James/Fitzpatrick

Nelson

I wouldn't be against trading down to 11, 12 or 15, either, because I think Davenport, James/Fitzpatrick or Edmunds would be there anyway.

Edited by soxfan49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

That is awesome. I'm getting fired out. Quietly I hope we trade down...more fun to have more picks haha.  

Fired out of what? Cannon or something simpler like a catapult? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Fired out of what? Cannon or something simpler like a catapult? :D

speaking of, never sit in the row in front of the exit aisle on American Airlines. The seat is tilted forward for more exit room. You are sitting like you are about to be shot out of a cannon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping Allen slides to #8 somehow. I'd love for Pace to trade back with Miami or Buffalo or even Arizona and try to get an extra pick. 

Edited by TheTruth05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see them trade with NE (who has two 1st round and two 2nd) round picks. The Pats have to be in the market for Brady's replacement again.

It would be interesting to see what the 8th pick is worth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I'd like to see them trade with NE (who has two 1st round and two 2nd) round picks. The Pats have to be in the market for Brady's replacement again.

It would be interesting to see what the 8th pick is worth.

 

At the top of this forum it is shown as 1400 draft points. On that chart, that's the 12th pick + Buffalo's 3rd rounder, for example. Or just more than NE's two first round picks (total 1360 together).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I'd like to see them trade with NE (who has two 1st round and two 2nd) round picks. The Pats have to be in the market for Brady's replacement again.

It would be interesting to see what the 8th pick is worth.

 

No way that NE would give up that much. I would expect them to slightly overpay (two 1's and a 3, two 1's and a 2) but not two 1's and two 2's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

At the top of this forum it is shown as 1400 draft points. On that chart, that's the 12th pick + Buffalo's 3rd rounder, for example. Or just more than NE's two first round picks (total 1360 together).

I didn't even notice the points. I just thought it was the draft order. I was actually going to ask if anyone had the chart that showed draft value. Shows how much I pay attention. 

And, in reply to Soxfan49, I wasn't suggesting two 1s and two 2s for the Bears' #8 - just noticed that NE had the picks and motivation in a qb heavy first round to make the Bears' pick attractive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I didn't even notice the points. I just thought it was the draft order. I was actually going to ask if anyone had the chart that showed draft value. Shows how much I pay attention. 

And, in reply to Soxfan49, I wasn't suggesting two 1s and two 2s for the Bears' #8 - just noticed that NE had the picks and motivation in a qb heavy first round to make the Bears' pick attractive.

I think the Bills will want to move up, the only question I have is whether a QB lasts long enough for them to be able to do it. If the top 4 QBs go to Cleveland, the Giants, the Jets, and the Broncos, the Bills won't have anyone to move up to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Chubb miraculously falls, I’m hoping three QBs go ahead of us and the Bears are able to trade the #8 pick to a team desperate for that 4th QB.

Arizona & Buffalo seem to be the teams to watch.  Miami is most definitely a threat to take a QB if one of the big four makes it to them at #11, so both of those teams should be looking to move up into the 5 to 8 range.  But with Chubb, Barkley, & Nelson as highly attractive non QB options, the #8 pick could be one of the highest pick that is readily available.  Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping it's Nelson.  If he's gone I think I'd go with Roquan Smith.

The whole QB question will be intriguing.  If I was a team needing a QB...I'd be squeamish trading up for any of these guys. A team like the Pats would be smart to sit back and take Luke Falk in the 2nd round (a little high for him...but if they need a QB that fits their system...he's as good as any other QB in this draft).

It will definitely be interesting come Thursday....and trading down is a real possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wanne said:

I'm hoping it's Nelson.  If he's gone I think I'd go with Roquan Smith.

The whole QB question will be intriguing.  If I was a team needing a QB...I'd be squeamish trading up for any of these guys. A team like the Pats would be smart to sit back and take Luke Falk in the 2nd round (a little high for him...but if they need a QB that fits their system...he's as good as any other QB in this draft).

It will definitely be interesting come Thursday....and trading down is a real possibility.

Everyone keeps talking up Terell Edmunds. I'm not sure he works because he's a tweener and a ILB.

 

I really think that they need OL help and corner DE help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, knightni said:

Everyone keeps talking up Terell Edmunds. I'm not sure he works because he's a tweener and a ILB.

 

I really think that they need OL help and corner DE help.

Are you referring to Tremaine Edmunds or are you truly referring to his brother Terrell? Because Terrell is more of a LB/S hybrid while Tremaine is more of a LB/EDGE hybrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Are you referring to Tremaine Edmunds or are you truly referring to his brother Terrell? Because Terrell is more of a LB/S hybrid while Tremaine is more of a LB/EDGE hybrid.

You're correct.

I meant Tremaine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an article in the Tribune stating the Bears have picked 8th five times and have yet to "strike gold". Then they go through them. Dennis Lick wasn't a bad player, but the one I don't understand was Wally Chambers. He made the Pro Bowl something like 4 out of 5 years, and then got traded to Tampa Bay for a draft pick used to select Dan Hampton. If that isn't striking gold, it's hard to imagine what is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggs posted an article saying that the Bears secretly met with Davenport. Had Davenport not said anything to an "unidentified Chicago reporter," no one would know this.

They did this last year with MT. I wonder if he'll be the pick. It sure fits the athleticism Pace looks for and it sure fits a need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan49 said:

Biggs posted an article saying that the Bears secretly met with Davenport. Had Davenport not said anything to an "unidentified Chicago reporter," no one would know this.

They did this last year with MT. I wonder if he'll be the pick. It sure fits the athleticism Pace looks for and it sure fits a need.

Would not hate it in a trade down scenario, but at 8, that seems a little rich...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Biggs posted an article saying that the Bears secretly met with Davenport. Had Davenport not said anything to an "unidentified Chicago reporter," no one would know this.

They did this last year with MT. I wonder if he'll be the pick. It sure fits the athleticism Pace looks for and it sure fits a need.

Davenport certainly fits the bill of a prototypical Pace draft pick. Lots of upside, but obviously much more raw player.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Biggs posted an article saying that the Bears secretly met with Davenport. Had Davenport not said anything to an "unidentified Chicago reporter," no one would know this.

They did this last year with MT. I wonder if he'll be the pick. It sure fits the athleticism Pace looks for and it sure fits a need.

What did I tell everybody???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What did I tell everybody???

you tell us a lot of things.  Some things right, some not so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

Would not hate it in a trade down scenario, but at 8, that seems a little rich...

Everyone said the same about Aldon Smith, and like I said a few pages back, his measurables were all better than Smith's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tony said:

Did you tell everybody that football wasn't going to be around anymore in 10 years?!?

Maybe not 10 years but pretty much in 25. If it still exists at that point it will be similar to boxing now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×