2018 NFL Draft

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Still not sure how we plan to address the pass rush.  Happy with our first two picks, but EDGE was realistically our biggest need and it’s going to be nearly impossible to find a decent option by the time we make our next pick.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade up to the 2nd or 3rd if there is an interesting EDGE that slips.

Yeah, agree. Pace is either going to take a few projects, trade up, or hope to god Bullard/RRH progress & Floyd stays healthy for once

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Packers just picked Josh Jackson. 

Trubisky is gonna have to deal with him (and Alexander) for a long time. 

Just coming to post this. Thats going to be a tough defense to throw against.

Not to mention Kevin King, who was their 2nd round pick last season. I hate to say it, but the Packers are killing the draft so far. They picked up an extra 1st rounder for next season and they still got the 2 CBs they wanted. Ew. That organization is so incredibly well run. Gonna be hard to compete with them until they somehow fuck up the QB position. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not to mention Kevin King, who was their 2nd round pick last season. I hate to say it, but the Packers are killing the draft so far. They picked up an extra 1st rounder for next season and they still got the 2 CBs they wanted. Ew. That organization is so incredibly well run. Gonna be hard to compete with them until they somehow fuck up the QB position. 

I’m getting kind of sick of people talking about how well run they are. They’ve had 2 HOF quarterbacks for the last 20 years and have 1 Super Bowl. If they were actually well run, I think they’d be a lot more successful. their roster is pretty average

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I’m getting kind of sick of people talking about how well run they are. They’ve had 2 HOF quarterbacks for the last 20 years and have 1 Super Bowl. If they were actually well run, I think they’d be a lot more successful. their roster is pretty average

They have 2, and they may have had 3 if it wasn't for an incredible fuck up on an onside kick a few years ago. They ran into some short term juggernauts as well, no team in the NFC has had the consistency that the Packers have. They are the class of the NFC and it isn't close. Go see how many divisions and playoff appearances the Packers have since 1992 and go pick any other NFC team. Not even close. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They have 2, and they may have had 3 if it wasn't for an incredible fuck up on an onside kick a few years ago. They ran into some short term juggernauts as well, no team in the NFC has had the consistency that the Packers have. They are the class of the NFC and it isn't close. Go see how many divisions and playoff appearances the Packers have since 1992 and go pick any other NFC team. Not even close. 

They have 1 in the last 20 years. Not 2.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

yes in the last 20, but that is an arbitrary number given they have 2 in the last 22. I was looking at the entirety of Favre and Rodgers' career. 

If you look at a Packers message board, the vast majority of their fans are not happy about the state of their team. Hell the QB isn’t either. Their roster isn’t great at all. Unfortunately Rodgers is so damn good

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Their 4th this year and 2nd next year. Steep.

My view was the price was somewhat fair. Future 2nd less valuable than this years so we basically gave up a 4th to get a pick a year earlier. In general I don’t like trading future draft capital (unless I’ve already accumulated assets from other trades) but I like the wideout we got.

I wanted eight Quenton or Roquan #1st pick. Check. I wanted an offensive lineman next if they didn't get Quenton.  Check.  I then wanted another receiver. Check..  However, not sure about this Anthony Miller.  I read that he is very explosive but is fumble prone. Hopefully they can coach him up.  Looks like Trubisky has another deep threat. Or is Miller going to be a slot receiver?

Edited by dacoachisdrunk

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

My view was the price was somewhat fair. Future 2nd less valuable than this years so we basically gave up a 4th to get a pick a year earlier. In general I don’t like trading future draft capital (unless I’ve already accumulated assets from other trades) but I like the wideout we got.

I could see it if a guys slipped, but this is a guy who at best is being drafted in his appropriate spot, and it isn’t like the Bears are Super Bowl bound. 

In the grand scheme of things, it probably isn’t a big deal. But IMO, they are going to wish they had that pick next draft. They need all the players they can get. This is one less.

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I could see it if a guys slipped, but this is a guy who at best is being drafted in his appropriate spot, and it isn’t like the Bears are Super Bowl bound. 

In the grand scheme of things, it probably isn’t a big deal. But IMO, they are going to wish they had that pick next draft. They need all the players they can get. This is one less.

Assuming they don’t trade down in 2019 of course

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

But it's also likely that Bears have him higher on their draft board. If they value him as a high 2nd rounder, then it's a solid pick. At the end of the day, it's a 4th round pick their losing, but they end up getting a WR they desperately need and gain a year of developmental time playing with Trub.

That trade is exactly why moving down in the 1st like TB would have been amazing for the Bears. They keep trading up, they keep losing future picks. Unlike the Pats they dont trade guys on their roster to accumulate more picks, so the Bears (under Pace) are always starting behind in each draft. 

Never seen Miller play so i cant really comment, but eventually trading future picks catches up to you. The only way it really makes sense is if youre a team who somehow due to injury/etc was really bad this year and feel next year youll be a playoff team so that 2nd is really like a 3rd etc. But thats not the Bears, that pick could be a top 5-10 pick in the 2nd round, and there are going to be guys with 1st round grades theyll miss out on because they werent willing to be patient. 

Basically the opposite of what the Bears should be doing.