Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Well, at least this will be a high scoring affair...

Yeah, for one team!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Well, at least this will be a high scoring affair...

I'd love to think so but that would require the Sox to score too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Slobber House said:

Bring up Kopech. Team control and all of that be damned. 

This is the MLB equivalent of an impulse buy.  No need to do this.  Control is what matters for a mid market team like the White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AustinIllini said:

This is the MLB equivalent of an impulse buy.  No need to do this.  Control is what matters for a mid market team like the White Sox

How did we get from fans melting down about guys being rushed, to fans demanding that guys be rushed?  Kopech is NOT a finished product, and even if he is called up this year, he will still not be a finished product.  When he gets called up, we should all fully KNOW that he will have 6 walk 8 strikeouts in 4 innings kind of outings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

How did we get from fans melting down about guys being rushed, to fans demanding that guys be rushed?  Kopech is NOT a finished product, and even if he is called up this year, he will still not be a finished product.  When he gets called up, we should all fully KNOW that he will have 6 walk 8 strikeouts in 4 innings kind of outings.

This has been the way for years. The minute anyone has a good week, they need to be promoted, whether it's to high A or the major leagues. If the Sox do it and they struggle, they are idiots for "rushing" guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine this one will be more of a "bullpen game" then a full-blown "start" for Fulmer or whoever else takes the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to be pretty close to that magic date for Kopech. Kris Bryant was called up on April 17 to get the extra year of control in his debut season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did we go from historically bad play to oops just a rebuild?? We have a no name mgr. who has no clue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcq said:

How did we go from historically bad play to oops just a rebuild?? We have a no name mgr. who has no clue. 

  1. Anyone with one iota of baseball savvy understands that the bad play is a direct result of a rebuild and the White Sox are better for it so long as the correct players still contribute (Reylo, Yoan, TA)
  2. The last rebuild team Rick coached was fine.  Their fans likely give you grief with your terrible hot takes
  3. You're failing at the whole trolling thing
Edited by AustinIllini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jake said:

Have to be pretty close to that magic date for Kopech. Kris Bryant was called up on April 17 to get the extra year of control in his debut season.

My guess is he won't be up before the Super 2 deadline. No good reason for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of right now yes, only because of tonight, and the fact that everyone else has been shit.  Otherwise he's with everyone else, and Lopez is the lone man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×