4/23 Games

flavum

42 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Is mentioning Tatis in 85% of threads going to be your new Royals like obsession?

Well, if I can doom Puig...I can do the same thing to Tatis and Ohtani, right?

It's sort of like Ron's threads that always have the opposite effect in real life, or the infamous ST jinx, except in reverse.

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

Zavala has absolutely passed Collins IMO

I’m not giving up on Collins yet, but he has to change his approach at the plate and be more aggressive.  Zavala has really impressed me though with the bat.  Seems like he has a solid chance of being a good major league hitter.  His path will obviously be much easier if he can stick at catcher.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, if I can doom Puig...I can do the same thing to Tatis and Ohtani, right?

It's sort of like Ron's threads that always have the opposite effect in real life, or the infamous ST jinx, except in reverse.

We can only hope.  So far your Tatis obsession has definitely been a quality jinx this year.

See, the Tatis Jinx worked again.

0/4. 3 K's.

.183, 24 k's and only 1 walk in 71 AB's (sounds like what we would expect from Hawkins or Barnum)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=665487#/career/R/hitting/2018/ALL

And who the heck is Jones in the Future Sox report for BIRM?

Hunter Jones?  Can't find a single Jones is the box score...was hoping we had another possible future replacement for Adam Engel.

Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, JoeCoolMan24 said:

I vote we b**** about Collins in every thread in which he doesn't have a good game for the rest of the season. It's really fresh, and not at all annoying to have to skip through.

Just let us know what we can do to make your SoxTalk experience more enjoyable  for you Joe.  Would hate for you to have to skip two or three posts in this giant 20 post thread.  And obviously pointing out significant flaws with Collins’ game that several of us have witnessed by actually watching him play this year must constitute as b****ing.  Don’t worry Joe, no one will share feedback like this anymore to avoid any further HoT fIrE rips from yourself.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

If rooting against a 19 year old prospect who we happened to trade, is 4 years younger than the age appropriate league and was rushed up AND skipped a level... then hey, that's your prerogative.

If he lives up to his billing, our scouting looks better...mostly, though, it’s because Keith Law was all over starting that bandwagon.

And couldn’t we say the same about Carlos Sanchez?  Why am I responsible for Preller’s decision when I said fom the beginning it would be a huge jump up for him?

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, JoeCoolMan24 said:

I vote we b**** about Collins in every thread in which he doesn't have a good game for the rest of the season. It's really fresh, and not at all annoying to have to skip through.

I didn't watch any Birm games the first ten games or so due to no Eloy. When I did start watching, it was shocking to see some of the at bats Collins was having.  

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just let us know what we can do to make your SoxTalk experience more enjoyable  for you Joe.  Would hate for you to have to skip two or three posts in this giant 20 post thread.  And obviously pointing out significant flaws with Collins’ game that several of us have witnessed by actually watching him play this year must constitute as b****ing.  

Well you can start by not b****ing about Collins every day. That would be great. We get it, he's not doing well. Maybe find something else to complain about, or hell, even talk positively about? But maybe just baby steps for now.

And yeah, I'm an milb.tv subscriber, I "actually watch him play this year", yet somehow I resist the urge to repeat myself ad nauseam. Go figure.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I didn't watch any Birm games the first ten games or so due to no Eloy. When I did start watching, it was shocking to see some of the at bats Collins was having.  

As long as he retains his pitch selection and plate vision, I'm still hopeful he can iron out the swing. Not too dissimilar from Moncada right now in the batters box.

19 minutes ago, JoeCoolMan24 said:

Well you can start by not b****ing about Collins every day. That would be great. We get it, he's not doing well. Maybe find something else to complain about, or hell, even talk positively about? But maybe just baby steps for now.

And yeah, I'm an milb.tv subscriber, I "actually watch him play this year", yet somehow I resist the urge to repeat myself ad nauseam. Go figure.

Damn, there is that HoT FiRe 🔥!