Sox and Mariners Game Thread 4/24

Chris Volstad (first start of the season) vs Marco Gonzalez (LHP)

Volstad's first start, has allowed 4 runs in 4 relief appearances so far this year

Gonzalez (5.94 ERA) has only thrown 10 and 1/3 innings over 3 starts so far, although he has struck out 17 batters. 

Ricky lines em up against the lefty as follows:

Timmy SS

Yolmer 3B

Pito 1B

Beef C

Matty D DH

Moncada 2B

Thompson RF

Leury LF

Engel CF

I'm looking for some homers today against a lefty with such a high ERA and minimal innings pitched in 3 outings. Potentially big day for the top 5 in the lineup. More importantly, let's see if Moncada can continue off his monstrous game last night, especially as he will be hitting from his "weaker" side of the plate.

Enjoy the game everyone!! Let's get a win streak going!

Edited by Scoots

Yeah, very weird starting time... 

... Anyway, I got to pick one of Tim Anderson or Yoan Moncada for my fantasy line up tonight...

Timmy is batting first while Moncada is batting 6th leads me to beleive that the manager has more faith in Timmy against the lefty... so I'm going Timmy.

36 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Tickets 21 rows behind the plate are $6.00.

One of the benefits of the Mariners and Sox sucking so hard lately is that usually I can sit behind the Sox dugout at Safeco for about $50.  I think two years ago I got 3rd row behind the dugout for like $35 + stubhub fees.

Don't like today's lineup one bit. Bet the house on the M's and the over in a parlay. Only way we win? Moncada would have to single-handedly carry the team today and somehow we outslug them say, 11-9.  Frankly I see 9 as a very low number for the opponent considering who we are starting and what we've got behind him.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

Don't like today's lineup one bit. Bet the house on the M's and the over in a parlay. Only way we win? Moncada would have to single-handedly carry the team today and somehow we outslug them say, 11-9.

You heard him folks, bet the farm too.

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Are you returning money to all of those people who lost their house due to your recommendations?

No. Even those "experts" in Vegas don't refund money. Those guys who have the 7 a.m. fake talk show infomercials on sports radio on Sat and sunday mornings. They charge huge bucks and if they are wrong they are wrong. Too bad. But I have a feel for the White Sox and am offering free of charge w/no guarantees. If you win you could always forward me 40 percent. Thank u kindly!