Sox and Mariners Game Thread 4/24

6 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Matt Davidson is beginning to get really frustrating to watch. He might be walking more but he swings through everything. That batting average now below .200

I was wrong on Matty. I thought he'd be special. Like I said, baseball is an unforgiving game. Eight wins a month folks ... that equals 48 wins max on the SouthSide this year.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Don't like today's lineup one bit. Bet the house on the M's and the over in a parlay. Only way we win? Moncada would have to single-handedly carry the team today and somehow we outslug them say, 11-9.  Frankly I see 9 as a very low number for the opponent considering who we are starting and what we've got behind him.

Good call, G!

44 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I was wrong on Matty. I thought he'd be special. Like I said, baseball is an unforgiving game. Eight wins a month folks ... that equals 48 wins max on the SouthSide this year.

Everybody told you his season wasn't that great last year and that he wouldn't have a good season this year. You insulted and slandered those "statniks" constantly. You owe the entire forum an apology for how rotten you treated everybody over Matt Davidson. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

Dumb to start the game at that time...suicide for hitters.  (The only other similar start is 3 p.m. against the Cubs later in the season.)

Anderson had two hits, but that he also screwed up the momentum of the game getting picked off and also screwed up a Moncada defensive play late...fortunately, that didn't lead to any additional runs.

Youth.

49 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Every hitter in baseball is going to struggle in those shadows.

Why do you think Volstad had such a good start?  Nothing to really take from this game, in terms of performances, other than encouragement that Moncada continues to make strides, this time with a hard hit ball against LHP.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Based on what??

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Don't like today's lineup one bit. Bet the house on the M's and the over in a parlay. Only way we win? Moncada would have to single-handedly carry the team today and somehow we outslug them say, 11-9.  Frankly I see 9 as a very low number for the opponent considering who we are starting and what we've got behind him.

Bravo.

55 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Everybody told you his season wasn't that great last year and that he wouldn't have a good season this year. You insulted and slandered those "statniks" constantly. You owe the entire forum an apology for how rotten you treated everybody over Matt Davidson. 

His OPS is well above 800. He is having a good overall season.

Unless you separate Opening Day from his stats...of course, you can make almost any hitter good or bad by eliminating hot stretches or slumps.

And, obviously, if he was able to spread that offense out over 3 victories, it would be more ideal, but that's not the way baseball works.

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I didn't insult or slander anybody. Geez. Not my style. However I did stand up for Davidson big time. The eye test and my $$$ mlb subscription showed me big hit after big hit from Matt. Yes the haters were right apparently but I didn't insult anybody just tried to praise Matt D.

51 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I didn't insult or slander anybody. Geez. Not my style. However I did stand up for Davidson big time. The eye test and my $$$ mlb subscription showed me big hit after big hit from Matt. Yes the haters were right apparently but I didn't insult anybody just tried to praise Matt D.

You get on a high horse and condescending would be an appropriate term to describe it.

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

2-4 for Anderson

1-3, BB, 2B, K for Moncada

Not bad

Balanced by the fact that he (Anderson) made another huge base running blunder which took the Sox basically out of the one real chance they had to do anything.

He's got all the talent in the world but it's been about a year and a half at the big league level are we are still number these mistakes far to much.

His baseball sense simply has got to improve.

10 hours ago, Chris Sale said:

First two pitches are on Davidson

strike three wtf? this ump is trash 

IMG_0559.PNG

VAR (Video Assistant Referee) is being rolled out in soccer and this summer's world cup will use it . The game gets interuppted with some decisions , but for baseball at the plate the call would be instant , those above are shocking calls.