White Sox Prospect Hot List, 4/24: Frost, Roman, Dash hitting, Kanny pitching

NorthSideSox72

Who will be the first Winston-Salem outfielder to get promoted to the Barons?  That outfield is leading the Carolina League in hitting.  Adolfo may yet be shut down for surgery on that elbow, but that still leaves Basabe, Rutherford, Booker and call. I'd like to see Basabe moved to Birmingham, to replace Mason Robbins, whom I don't see as being any part of the Sox future. Basabe will be 22 in August and is repeating Advanced A ball, after being hampered by an injury, last season. I understand that it may be premature, but I'd love to see what he could do. at AA.

Edited by Lillian

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Who will be the first Winston-Salem outfielder to get promoted to the Barons?  That outfield is leading the Carolina League in hitting.  Adolfo may yet be shut down for surgery on that elbow, but that still leaves Basabe, Rutherford, Booker and call. I'd like to see Basabe moved to Birmingham, to replace Mason Robbins, whom I don't see as being any part of the Sox future. Basabe will be 22 in August and is repeating Advanced A ball, after being hampered by an injury, last season. I understand that it may be premature, but I'd love to see what he could do. at AA.

It probably won't happen until Jimenez goes to Charlotte.  I just don't see room to play a guy every day in the OF until that happens.  They have to want Eloy, Fisher and Polo playing daily.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I’m worried that the plan is just shut down Adolfo, move up booker and rotate DH/OF with Robert, basabe, Blake, Call.

Worried just cause I want this Adolfo train to keep developing.

I think Micker was already supposed to have had his next MRI, and he is still playing so he seems all right for now.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I hate that they seem to be benching Rutherford most games against LHP.  Platooning in the minors is inexcusable 

Is that why Sheets is out again or is he hurt?  I 100% agree, this isn’t the Omar Vizquel show, play the fucking prospects regardless of matchup so they can actually develop.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that why Sheets is out again or is he hurt?  I 100% agree, this isn’t the Omar Vizquel show, play the fucking prospects regardless of matchup so they can actually develop.

Sheets was out against a LHP earlier in week also