4/25 Games

flavum

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Adolfo won't be a Top 100 player unless he can prove that he can play RF adequately in terms of retaining his "plus plus" arm...because he doesn't have much speed or fielding ability.

Basabe could sneak into the 80-100 range, maybe 75.

I won't count on Adolfo, Basabe, or Rutherford making any top 100 lists until they are still doing this mid-season, especially if any of them (Basabe) get promoted. 

Micker likely won't crack any Top 100 if he's going to be shut down in the near future. However if he and Basabe can keep it up, earn a promotion then hold their own, they should see their names in some lists, especially Basabe.

As for Rutherford, he may still be ranked 99 on some lists, but he really needs start hitting some HRs this year, otherwise he's falling off all lists.

19 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Micker likely won't crack any Top 100 if he's going to be shut down in the near future. However if he and Basabe can keep it up, earn a promotion then hold their own, they should see their names in some lists, especially Basabe.

As for Rutherford, he may still be ranked 99 on some lists, but he really needs start hitting some HRs this year, otherwise he's falling off all lists.

Not sure it has to happen this year, but at some point the power needs to happen in games. He's still quite young, it can wait a bit. But if it never does, he's Ryan Sweeney.

12 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Not sure it has to happen this year, but at some point the power needs to happen in games. He's still quite young, it can wait a bit. But if it never does, he's Ryan Sweeney.

It isn't black and white, but progression is key. He had 2 HRs and a .09 ISO last year, which is borderline non-prospect for most guys who aren't ace defenders or base stealers.

I would say even if he drops off Top 100 lists, I am not down on him in the long run. I think if Ryan Sweeney played the game today, he could hit 10-15 HRs a year by using a more uppercut swing and launch the ball at the right angle. You need to be a solid contact hitter to be able to do that, and I think Rutherford can turn into one.