How To / Site Issues / Username Changes

Chisoxfn

Given the move to the new site, I wanted to make a separate thread for anyone who has questions on the new software / tool or is running into any issues.  Additionally, for those people who had changed usernames from their original and thus reverted back to the original username (upgrade required this), if you want your name changed, let us know and we can correct.  

If anyone is having issues and can't send messages or other items, please email me at Bullsback@gmail.com.  

Just copy and paste the tweet from the twitter page (like copy the link to the actual tweet) and than just hit paste in the post section. Once you hit paste, wait about a second or two and the link will automatically turn into an embedded tweet. Once that happens, just hit post/reply.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, Brian said:

Was experimenting with spoiler tags for Infinity Wars chat and you just need the SPOILER inside the [ ] now, followed by the message. No more [/spoiler ]

Test,thank  you for this

Edited by TheTruth05

I'd encourage everybody to use the post ratings more.  They are limited but they do help foster community.  Again, I'd change them to "Thanks, Agree, Disagree, and LOL".

edit: Thanks for the "confused" icon, which is a really useless icon imo because it tells you nothing about the OP  or WHY the person reading is confused.  If you really want to have a negative rating like that just use "dumb" so everybody is clear.   The ratings should basically just be used as shortcuts to typing out a post.

I spend way too much time at work on various forums.  This one is way towards the bottom (even with the upgrade) as far as user interaction and redundant posts (that exist because there is no "disagree or agree" button).  There are ALOT of cases where a simple "agree" or "disagree" button would save a lot of wasted scrolling.

The "like" is 80% of the time just an "agree".  If you want to keep "like" than just realize people are going to use it as "agree".  I do it rather than reply with "+1" or "I agree".  It's a shortcut.  Again, my opinion only, but there really needs to be an "agree" rating.  That's the one I think would help the board the most, especially on mobile.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd encourage everybody to use the post ratings more.  They are limited but they do help foster community.  Again, I'd change them to "Thanks, Agree, Disagree, and LOL".

edit: Thanks for the "confused" icon, which is a really useless icon imo because it tells you nothing about the OP  or WHY the person reading is confused.  If you really want to have a negative rating like that just use "dumb" so everybody is clear.   The ratings should basically just be used as shortcuts to typing out a post.

I spend way too much time at work on various forums.  This one is way towards the bottom (even with the upgrade) as far as user interaction and redundant posts (that exist because there is no "disagree or agree" button).  There are ALOT of cases where a simple "agree" or "disagree" button would save a lot of wasted scrolling.

The "like" is 80% of the time just an "agree".  If you want to keep "like" than just realize people are going to use it as "agree".  I do it rather than reply with "+1" or "I agree".  It's a shortcut.  Again, my opinion only, but there really needs to be an "agree" rating.  That's the one I think would help the board the most, especially on mobile.

I haven't messed with the icons, but i know in the past with the smilies, we always avoided the overly negative ones, more as an effort to keep things a bit more community and a little less bitter.  I know that other things are said and done, but it is a small thing to try to avoid contributing to that.