2018 Recruiting Thread

Couldn't find one for 2018 but could have missed it.

Illinois football is killing it (for them) thus far in this cycle, just flipped a 3star Chicago prospect from ISU.  Stoked to see the staff seeming to hit a stride in recruiting.

I think Lovie bought himself another few seasons with this class. Not that he wasn't going to get a few years, but I think there's a legitimate path forward now with some very skilled guys at key positions and a few more out there that are still in play. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

41 minutes ago, Jenksismyb**** said:

I think Lovie bought himself another few seasons with this class. Not that he wasn't going to get a few years, but I think there's a legitimate path forward now with some very skilled guys at key positions and a few more out there that are still in play. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Long time until signing day

3 minutes ago, Jenksismyb**** said:

True, though a lot of these guys (the highly rated guys) are recruiting other kids to Illinois. Tough to see them make big sales pitches and then bail. But it's college football so it's absolutely possible.

Happens every year.  I think we lost 2-3 of the biggest and earliest commits last year.  The SEC is a strong pull

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

One more for you @Heads22.  We just had this kid move in from Iowa.  Seems like he was the 14th highest rated HS QB in Iowa last year.  You heard of him?  I guess his older brother is up at Michigan State.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/beau-lombardi/vP1LrmhLEeiAyNdjx8XCRA/default.htm

Don't know much about him to be honest

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

He has Iowa State on his recruiting list apparently.

As far as I know, its not reciprocal. ISU brought in two QB's in 18, has one committed out of Kansas for 19 and Todd Bouman's son for 20. Not saying something couldn't happen, but unless he wants to be a walk-on I don't think there's much there.