4/26 Games

joejoedairy

3 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I've been saying it a long time and not sure why isn't it happening. Free. Carlos. Perez. Looks like he's finally developing some game power too.

They have three catchers in Kanny for some reason or another. Having watched them, my feeling is that Perez should probably move up to W-S. Mercedes is just a beer league softball player there anyway. Zavala should maybe go to AAA sometime in May or June, send Yermin up to be Collins' backup/platoon in AA, Nolan and Perez pair off in Winston-Salem. Allows Skoug and Hickman to play more, and they need more development too.

29 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

They have three catchers in Kanny for some reason or another. Having watched them, my feeling is that Perez should probably move up to W-S. Mercedes is just a beer league softball player there anyway. Zavala should maybe go to AAA sometime in May or June, send Yermin up to be Collins' backup/platoon in AA, Nolan and Perez pair off in Winston-Salem. Allows Skoug and Hickman to play more, and they need more development too.

I have a feeling Zavala may be out back-up catcher next year if he keeps up hitting like this. Very much looking forward to seeing him as a September Call-up.

1 hour ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I thought they have converted Hickman to 1B toward the end of last year, I guess they changed their mind again. Out of everyone in the minors, Perez might be the most likely to stay at catcher, so I'm in favor of giving him more PT.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

13 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I thought they have converted Hickman to 1B toward the end of last year, I guess they changed their mind again. Out of everyone in the minors, Perez might be the most likely to stay at catcher, so I'm in favor of giving him more PT.

He did play a lot of 1B this year, but he also told me recently he played only catcher in Spring Training, and now in Kanny he's mixing it up. He doesn't know what their plan is with that, he's just going with it.