Sox @ Royals 4/26/18

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, but that pitch wasn't a strike you have to tip your cap on that one. 

I will take the "baby steps" tonight but he's still not missing nearly enough bats.  I think he's thrown 1-2 good curves tonight and his fastball at 92 is not going to cut it.  He's also left numerous changeups up and right over the plate that he has gotten lucky with.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I will take the "baby steps" tonight but he's still not missing nearly enough bats.  I think he's thrown 1-2 good curves tonight and his fastball at 92 is not going to cut it.  He's also left numerous changeups up and right over the plate that he has gotten lucky with.

1. Baby steps is correct. 2. Velo is up 2mph he was averaging 90 before and consistently 92-93 tonight. 3. Yes, he's having command issues. Yes he's not missing enough bats, but lots of weak contact. Only 2 hard hit balls all night, the Soler HR and the the lineout by Gordon to end the inning. So, a positive development. Be patient. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoots said:

Decent start from Giolito. Not great, but decent. More command on his pitches. A better team will probably have scored 5 off of him, but take what you get. Progress people...progress.

this type of game you want from him after his last game.  Build up his confidence in his pitches, stay away from big innings.  Something to build on going forward.

• Like 1