Passan analysis of tanking teams

caulfield12

6. Chicago White Sox, the American League Central these days offers five teams who have allowed more runs than they’ve scored. The AL Central: Where bad baseball goes to live!

The 8-18 White Sox have been worse than expected, mainly because they have been dreadful with runners in scoring position, have not translated their home run prowess into scoring and feature a pitching staff that has walked an obscene number of batters, doesn’t strike guys out and stinks at inducing ground balls. Here’s the thing: It could get worse. The White Sox are allowing a home run on just 7.9 percent of flyballs. The league average is 12 percent.

This is a transition period for Chicago, one in which they’re here to identify who will play what role as the ascent of their highly rated farm system squeezes jobs. Jose Abreu at first and Yoan Moncada at second are in. Tim Anderson at shortstop and Matt Davidson at DH may have locked themselves into roles, too. Beyond that? Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez and Carson Fulmer are in the biggest tryouts of their lives, because Michael Kopech and Dane Dunning and Dylan Cease are on their way, and so long as his arm holds up, Alec Hansen is on the come.

This may be as bad as it gets for the White Sox for a long time. It’s also a place the …

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-degrees-ugliness-april-baseball-personified-7-teams-pace-lose-100-plus-games-055003266.html

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I know his injury, I'm asking what "National writers expecting the worse" is referring to.

He’s referring to this from the article. 

Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez and Carson Fulmer are in the biggest tryouts of their lives, because Michael Kopech and Dane Dunning and Dylan Cease are on their way, and so long as his arm holds up, Alec Hansen is on the come.”

I don’t know if that can be considered expecting the worst, But that’s the quote. 

12 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

He’s referring to this from the article. 

Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez and Carson Fulmer are in the biggest tryouts of their lives, because Michael Kopech and Dane Dunning and Dylan Cease are on their way, and so long as his arm holds up, Alec Hansen is on the come.”

I don’t know if that can be considered expecting the worst, But that’s the quote. 

Exactly

28 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The full tank rebuild is en vogue now due to the Cubs and Astros, but due to how many teams are doing it, many will fail, and the trend will swing the other way eventually. 

That true. Thankfully we started at such a great time. We got some possible superstars from contending teams who had great farms at the time. With so many doing it now, I don't think we would've gotten the same kind of return this season.