Sox vs Cards @ Busch, 7:15pm

Might as well make Nate Jones the closer and up his value.

Soria might as well go back to 6th/7th inning or DFA'ed at some point, probably later rather than sooner with his contract to eat.

Make Rondon the 8th inning guy and say three Hail Mary's and three Our Father's.

Hopefully they can deal Avilan as well.

Just now, RockRaines said:

These are games we will win next year, but not this year.  And that sucks

I'm content. Moncada got 2 hits, 2 RBIs, 0 K's, Anderson got a walk, Davidson continues to look good. 

1 minute ago, soxforlife05 said:

I have no idea why this wasn't done in the first place.

On the off chance that Soria pitched out of his ass and we could move him for a lottery ticket. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I honestly look at this like a Spring Training game. Soria is the minor leaguer that comes in that really has no affect on the long term future of the club. 

Frustrating to watch no doubt, but a loss like this has zero impact on the future. 

Id like him to up his value so we can flip him, but I have zero confidence in his stuff at this point.  That curve is awful

Head scratching move by Ricky. Jones is really the only guy in the bullpen pitching well. Ricky uses him in the 8th inning instead of closing. He brings Soria in...who promptly blows the game.

Oh well.

Soria is the perfect closer for a team that wants to tank. I told u all last winter he blows chunks advanced stats be darned. KC fans held a mini parade when they got rid of him.

12 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I wouldn’t be looking to trade  Jones. We are at the point of building our pen not trading everyone again. But, Soria can go LOL 

I would be. Look what Kahnle brought back last year. Jones isn't Chapman, Miller, etc. If he can string together a good half season or year in the closer's role sell high.

Edited by soxforlife05