White Sox vs Cardinals 5/2/18 12:15PM

Cardinals crew was really talking up Giolito last night.  I think they will be a bit surprised to see how diminished his stuff is right now.   Prove my prediction wrong please.

Man it's a really fucking nice day here, one of those perfect PNW mornings with the smell of the ocean in the air and the bright mid spring sun burning off the marine layer before it can form.  I really want to just smoke a joint and watch this game on the 50" at my office.

Instead I'll have to work and watch the game.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Cardinals crew was really talking up Giolito last night.  I think they will be a bit surprised to see how diminished his stuff is right now.   Prove my prediction wrong please.

Man it's a really fucking nice day here, one of those perfect PNW mornings with the smell of the ocean in the air and the bright mid spring sun burning off the marine layer before it can form.  I really want to just smoke a joint and watch this game on the 50" at my office.

Instead I'll have to work and watch the game.

Seattle is the best

With Martinez on the mound, and after Abreu popped out I would have liked to seen Nicky work the count a bit and try and send Moncada to 3b. I realize it's Yadi behind the plate, but I'd take my shot that way. Just don't think there will be many opportunities like we got in the first against Martinez. Would like to be aggressive.

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

With Martinez on the mound, and after Abreu popped out I would have liked to seen Nicky work the count a bit and try and send Moncada to 3b. I realize it's Yadi behind the plate, but I'd take my shot that way. Just don't think there will be many opportunities like we got in the first against Martinez. Would like to be aggressive.

Yoan has bad ankle

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

Good enough to play. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the 5th or 6th and that was our best opportunity to get to Martinez.

Are you watching?  He's limping on the field after fouling it off the area 

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

Good enough to play. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the 5th or 6th and that was our best opportunity to get to Martinez.

There's almost no reason to push Moncada on the bases this year.  When they are competing for something, sure, but this year there's no reason to risk injury having him steal very often.

These guys aren't made of glass.... why send Anderson ever then? And we should have Giolito just work on his pitches this season, don't worry about winning. Let's just treat it as spring training.............

Come on, he fouled it off his toe, Hermy came out, he stayed in... he can run. By the theory of this board he should just go get treatment right now and sit out the game. Let's not risk him RUNNING.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's almost no reason to push Moncada on the bases this year.  When they are competing for something, sure, but this year there's no reason to risk injury having him steal very often.

Especially when he seemed to have lingering leg issues last year 

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

These guys aren't made of glass.... why send Anderson ever then? And we should have Giolito just work on his pitches this season, don't worry about winning. Let's just treat it as spring training.............

Come on, he fouled it off his toe, Hermy came out, he stayed in... he can run. By the theory of this board he should just go get treatment right now and sit out the game. Let's not risk him RUNNING.

That's penny smart and pound foolish thinking.  Nobody is saying "don't try".  What we are saying is there's no reason to treat this like game 7 of the world series.  It's May, he's 22 and has battled some minor lower body injuries.  The club is not competing this year.   Don't push him too hard.