Yoan Moncada day to day, tight hammy

southsider2k5

40 minutes ago, flavum said:

If there is one bright side if he has to go on the DL, is that there are three off days in the next ten days. So he may only miss 7 games if he’s on the DL for the minimum amount of time.

As much as I wanna see him play, this might be the best way to go about it. Which sucks because I'm going to see my first game of the year next weekend when they play the Cubs and I really want to see Moncada play.

12 hours ago, fathom said:

Should have never been playing so soon. Give him at least 3-4 days off and when he returns, don't have him steal for a bit. Keeping him healthy is far more important than rushing him back.

I would trust the medical staff to determine if he should play. In hindsight it was too soon but this staff has a pretty good track record.

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

I would trust the medical staff to determine if he should play. In hindsight it was too soon but this staff has a pretty good track record.

Well, let's keep a note of this one because this is a negative mark on their record.

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well, let's keep a note of this one because this is a negative mark on their record.

And anyone that was complaining that if Yoan is on the field, he needs to be running at full speed all the time and trying to steal bases.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

And anyone that was complaining that if Yoan is on the field, he needs to be running at full speed all the time and trying to steal bases.

If Yoan can't run at full speed then he shouldn't have been on the field. Not this year at least.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Unless he is a premium DH, if a player can’t play hard because he might get hurt, he shouldn’t be in the game. 

I am am starting to wonder about sports medicine myself. Now guys need all these days off, in basketball can’t play heavy minutes. Can’t be given the ball too much in football. The guys that played the hardest to me were Pete Rose, Walter Payton, and Michael Jordan. They played hard all the time. Except when MJ broke his foot, they hardly ever missed a game, and had a heavy workload, they all would be considered well beyond abused these days.

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Unless he is a premium DH, if a player can’t play hard because he might get hurt, he shouldn’t be in the game. 

I am am starting to wonder about sports medicine myself. Now guys need all these days off, in basketball can’t play heavy minutes. Can’t be given the ball too much in football. The guys that played the hardest to me were Pete Rose, Walter Payton, and Michael Jordan. They played hard all the time. Except when MJ broke his foot, they hardly ever missed a game, and had a heavy workload, they all would be considered well beyond abused these days.

I think these guys are too muscular for their own good