Yoan Moncada day to day, tight hammy

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Well, let's keep a note of this one because this is a negative mark on their record.

There are plenty if negatives. One of the worst was when Herm chipped out Greg Walkers teeth during an on field seizure. No one is perfect in medicine. Thats why its called the practice of medicine. This staff is just better than the average staff.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I think these guys are too muscular for their own good

Its fine as long as they maintain flexibility. Injuries happen when athletes compete regardless of how well they train. 

On 5/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, Dick Allen said:

Unless he is a premium DH, if a player can’t play hard because he might get hurt, he shouldn’t be in the game. 

I am am starting to wonder about sports medicine myself. Now guys need all these days off, in basketball can’t play heavy minutes. Can’t be given the ball too much in football. The guys that played the hardest to me were Pete Rose, Walter Payton, and Michael Jordan. They played hard all the time. Except when MJ broke his foot, they hardly ever missed a game, and had a heavy workload, they all would be considered well beyond abused these days.

Hard to compare across sports, but

1. Linebackers are bigger, faster, and hit much harder today.  Walter Payton would still be great, but he would play as hard as any player in the current game.
  2. Pitchers, on average, throw harder now than they did in Pete Rose's era.  Pete Rose would still be great today, but I get the feeling Mike Trout would still be a better player if both were playing todays game
  3. Between the mess he had made of the Bulls and the similar problems we are seeing with the Timberwolves, Tom Thibodeau coached teams are a stern warning of what happens when you don't rest basketball players

I guess what I'm trying to say is, sports medicine has gotten a lot better, but teams are also getting smarter.  Better players, increased intensity, increased risk of injury.  Teams have deemed resting players as a potential way to address these risk.  

On 5/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, ptatc said:

Its fine as long as they maintain flexibility. Injuries happen when athletes compete regardless of how well they train. 

PTATC when a player like Yoan screws up his hammy, is he more susceptible to do it a lot? I'm thinking Lorenzo Cain did it a lot in KC and Salvy Perez. Is Avi susceptible? Yoan?

• Like 1