Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Mike Trout

After watching him murder another baseball tonight - have you ever seen a guy on a more sure track for the Hall of Fame? It's amazing how much coverage he still doesn't get, despite being literally the Mickey Mantle of the 2010s.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

After watching him murder another baseball tonight - have you ever seen a guy on a more sure track for the Hall of Fame? It's amazing how much coverage he still doesn't get, despite being literally the Mickey Mantle of the 2010s.

If he played for the Yankees it’s all you’d ever hear about. You hear so much about Judge, and rightfully so, but like you said not nearly as much about the superior Trout....and they’re the same age.

With more attention being paid to Ohtani (especially by non-sports news sources), the national/international writers covering that story will spread more of their coverage to the appreciation of Trout, imo.

8 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

If he played for the Yankees it’s all you’d ever hear about. You hear so much about Judge, and rightfully so, but like you said not nearly as much about the superior Trout....and they’re the same age.

This is what is mind boggling to me ....by the time he was Moncada's age he had already accumulated about 25 bWAR. I think theres an argument to be made for him in the HOF even if her never plays another game. You'd like to say he's like Ken Griffey Junior given their youth and position- but their numbers aren't even close - Trout's are clearly a notch or two better across the board. Its fairly comparable to Bonds' early peak - but Trout is doing it at a younger age. This also made me go back and look at how ridiculously good Mantle's early years were

• Like 1

There's just no way his HR traveled 524 FT yesterday. Somebody is really pumping that.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is a shame he plays in LA.  So much of the country misses out on him.

It's a shame how poorly run that franchise has been the last few years. He should be the talk of the playoffs every year even if viewers miss him for the west coast. Ditto Saturday and Sunday games.

28 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I hear more about Gary Sanchez than I do Mike Trout. 

I hear more about Javier Baez than I do Mike Trout.