Mike Trout

Heads22

After watching him murder another baseball tonight - have you ever seen a guy on a more sure track for the Hall of Fame? It's amazing how much coverage he still doesn't get, despite being literally the Mickey Mantle of the 2010s.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

After watching him murder another baseball tonight - have you ever seen a guy on a more sure track for the Hall of Fame? It's amazing how much coverage he still doesn't get, despite being literally the Mickey Mantle of the 2010s.

If he played for the Yankees it’s all you’d ever hear about. You hear so much about Judge, and rightfully so, but like you said not nearly as much about the superior Trout....and they’re the same age.

8 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

If he played for the Yankees it’s all you’d ever hear about. You hear so much about Judge, and rightfully so, but like you said not nearly as much about the superior Trout....and they’re the same age.

This is what is mind boggling to me ....by the time he was Moncada's age he had already accumulated about 25 bWAR. I think theres an argument to be made for him in the HOF even if her never plays another game. You'd like to say he's like Ken Griffey Junior given their youth and position- but their numbers aren't even close - Trout's are clearly a notch or two better across the board. Its fairly comparable to Bonds' early peak - but Trout is doing it at a younger age. This also made me go back and look at how ridiculously good Mantle's early years were

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is a shame he plays in LA.  So much of the country misses out on him.

It's a shame how poorly run that franchise has been the last few years. He should be the talk of the playoffs every year even if viewers miss him for the west coast. Ditto Saturday and Sunday games.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, flavum said:

Playing tonight.

Stay off the DL for the next 10 years now.

Yaaay. Can't wait to see him on the South Side in September. I've tried to see him every year since his rookie season--the one year I missed out, 2014, I had tickets but the game was postponed and I couldn't do the make-up game.

2 minutes ago, 3GamesToLove said:

Yaaay. Can't wait to see him on the South Side in September. I've tried to see him every year since his rookie season--the one year I missed out, 2014, I had tickets but the game was postponed and I couldn't do the make-up game.

I saw one of his games at GRF. He hit an absolute bomb.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I saw one of his games at GRF. He hit an absolute bomb.

Yeah, he homered the second time I saw him. Another time I specifically got tickets to see him face Sale. I sat in the left center bleachers right behind him--in the first inning they had a 12(?) pitch battle that was the longest plate appearance of either of their careers to that point. Trout worked a walk.

I will say this again, it isn't a coincidence that the Angels, White Sox and Mets are among the worst run teams in baseball. Gee, I wonder what they all have in common? When you have to fight for every casual fan you get when you're by far the less popular team in town, you make dumb decisions you wouldn't otherwise make.