5/3/18 Game Thread - Twins @ Sox 7:10 PM

hogan873

52 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

What's funny about this is they are playing the Twins...and it's supposed to rain all night tonight in Chicago. Like 80% chance starting at 7pm. Are these teams ever gonna play each other again?? Maybe double header tomorrow or Saturday.

Edited by Scoots

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I shudder when thinking of the lineup tonight without Yoan. I also hope it is postponed.

That was what people said in the thread on the day Abreu sat out, then it turned out Davidson was playing against the Royals and you know how that ended.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

That was what people said in the thread on the day Abreu sat out, then it turned out Davidson was playing against the Royals and you know how that ended.

Except we all know the Sox record against every team not named Royals. We also know the Sox don't hit very well and have bad home record so far. The Sox also haven't showed any ability to win games late but are pretty good at losing them late. Only hope is the Twins starting pitching has been bad and bullpen probably worse.  I have no idea why I'm even saying what the Sox are bad at . Pretty bad at everything so far.

4 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Hope the game gets rained out.

If it gets rained out would there be a DH on Saturday? Would probably be better to get the game in, that way Moncada gets an actual day off without having to double up on Saturday.

42 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If it gets rained out would there be a DH on Saturday? Would probably be better to get the game in, that way Moncada gets an actual day off without having to double up on Saturday.

This is fair. Although if he felt better saturday I don't think 2 games would be too tough on him. Sox must feel confident they can get this game in though because they haven't hinted at anything otherwise.

Edited by TheTruth05

6 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Will they be able to get this game in? the radar doesn't look too positive.

Not playing could be a moral victory for both squads. 

Just now, Scoots said:

I swear this team is plagued. Why has there been so many injuries the last 2 seasons? Very disconcerting.

Because the White Sox were unbelievably, ridiculously healthy the few years before this and now they're having a normal amount of injuries, but it seems huge by comparison. 

• Like 1