Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Ichiro is retiring

Sad face.  One of my favorite non-White Sox players to watch.  Dude could change a game like not many others could.

I read that he isn't "technically" retiring...that he could still play next year (not really sure who would sign him). I think I remember him saying he wanted to play into his 50s...

It's sad, but his career ended a long time ago for me. 

One of my favorite non sox players to watch. First ballot HOF without question. 

There isn't a bad thing you can say about the guy. He was a true pleasure to watch, and unquestionably, a first ballot HOF'er. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

4 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

There isn't a bad thing you can say about the guy. He was a true pleasure to watch, and unquestionably, a first ballot HOF'er. 

He hit the longest HR Ive ever seen at Comiskey. In BP for the All Star game he hit one that cleared the concurse in right center and hit the wall on the fly. If he wanted to he could have led the league in HR instead of hits each year early inhis career.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He hit the longest HR Ive ever seen at Comiskey. In BP for the All Star game he hit one that cleared the concurse in right center and hit the wall on the fly. If he wanted to he could have led the league in HR instead of hits each year early inhis career.

Didn't he once golf a HR that bounced in front of home plate? I'm pretty sure Vlad did too. 

Frank and LTP hit the longest homers I've ever seen at comiskey. Hell, Borchard hit the hardest ball I've ever seen in the Skydome. It bounced off the baggie in CF, but was still rising. I'll never forget the sound it made off the bat.