5/7 games

reiks12

The link says Knights play at 6pm CT

Also i wonder if Dunning keeps pitching well this season if he can be in Charlotte by August.I know it's kinda early to be thinking about it but I love that some of the guys are forcing the issue a bit.

Edited by TheTruth05

Opening AB single for Eloy, OPS now over 1000 for the season and his hitting streak extended to 11 games.  He's sporting a 15.8% K rate.  He's probably ready to hit 260/320/480 in MLB right now.  I don't think you could call him up today and think you were rushing him.  At the least, move him up to AAA by the end of May.  He proved, a long with his performance in the winter Dominican league, that AA level is no challenge for him.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Opening AB single for Eloy, OPS now over 1000 for the season and his hitting streak extended to 11 games.  He's sporting a 15.8% K rate.  He's probably ready to hit 260/320/480 in MLB right now.  I don't think you could call him up today and think you were rushing him.  At the least, move him up to AAA by the end of May.  He proved, a long with his performance in the winter Dominican league, that AA level is no challenge for him.

I'll preface this by saying I realize FB comments on NBCSN FB page and similar news outlets are absolutely horrible and ill-informed, but I found these two talking points particularly bad.....

One guy said the Sox should go ahead and call up Eloy so he can "set the single-season strikeout record", which obviously makes no sense considering Eloy doesn't strikeout very much at all, especially for a power guy.

Another guy argued that Eloy must be a loser if he's spent 5 years in the minors and can only make it to AA. He's way too old and clearly sucks if it takes him this long to make the majors. Not only will Eloy likely be younger than any Cubs player when they made their debut (except for Russell), but he is also 3 years younger than the average AA hitter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

WS - Alex Call hits a double to LF that 1-hops the wall.

BIR - Collins just crushed a ball to CF that the OF leaped up and made a great catch on. He destroyed that 3-1 pitch. Polo then steals 3B, Eloy then smashes a double to LF to score him. Eloy now 2 for 2.

I was just about to post this about Collins.  He absolutely ripped that pitch.  Him & Jimenez both looking good so far tonight.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Collins had a hit in his first at-bat, btw, up to .240.

That "run back to respectability" might be the biggest positive news in the last 2 weeks...along with Rodon/Hansen on the road to recovery and Luis Robert supposedly not too far off, either.

He's one more walk away from more walks this season than strikeouts. Both sit at 28 right now.

Basabe just had a really great heads-up play, even if it resulted in nothing. 

Ball 4 was a pitch way outside that the catcher couldn't get, and he took off hauling ass, attempting to get to 2B on a walk. He ended up not testing it, but it was a great idea that actually confused me initially.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1