05/08 Games

Adolfo is just a completely different hitter this year.  Had an excellent 10 pitch at-bat where he started off 0-2 and was able to work a walk.  He’s simply way more selective this year and that goes well beyond his career BB high rate this year.  This kid has a chance to be a poor man’s Eloy if all goes well IMO.

2 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I'd bet money that by May 20 one of either Rutherford or Basabe is called up to AA and Eloy is pushed to AAA.

Better not be Rutherford.  I’m happy with his performance so far, but he’s not showing the power or plate discipline to earn a promotion anytime soon IMO.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Better not be Rutherford.  I’m happy with his performance so far, but he’s not showing the power or plate discipline to earn a promotion anytime soon IMO.

Agreed. It wasn't too long ago that Rutherford's ISO was below .100. Basabe has certainly earned a promotion at this point.

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Another fantastic start for Lambert.

6 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 HR, 7 K, 1 BB, 63/95 strikes.

Stats wise the kid is making a strong case to be the next best pitching prospect after the big four in Kopech, Hansen, Dunning, & Cease.

Realistically, who are the other candidates?   Jordan Stephens?  Guerrero and Adams are falling off the map.  McClure or Henzman are more likely to end up as relievers, from everything out there in the media.

Lambert isn't much of a high upside pitcher with the word "pitchability" thrown around multiple times during the MLB.com draft live stream. Low 90s fastball with good command of all three pitches, but nothing that stands out. As a junior this season he had a 3.13 ERA, 78 K, 19 BB in 97.2 IP. Was a first-team All-Mountain West pick this season.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2016/06/2016-futuresox-draft-tracker/

It's quite fun to look back at guys (draft day reports) like Lambert without "dominant/ace" stuff but who are merely effective...

33 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Realistically, who are the other candidates?   Jordan Stephens?  Guerrero and Adams are falling off the map.  McClure or Henzman are more likely to end up as relievers, from everything out there in the media.

Coming into the season it was one of Stephens, Adams, & Guerrero.  A lot of people were optimistic about Clarkin and Flores had his fans too.  Having said that, Lambert, McClure, & Henzman have been the most impressive this year in that next tier, but I’d give it to Jimmy out of those three given he’s a level above the other two.  Don’t know much about the stuff, but NorthSide did say his velocity jumped up a few ticks which makes me wonder if he really might be someone to follow going forward.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Goodness, WS had 19 hits tonight.  Ti'Quan Forbes is holding his own down there, improving his K/BB rate massively and his slash line, although he's still only at a 688 OPS.  He's got a long ways to go but he's got time, as he doesn't turn 22 until late August.

Forbes has definitely been a pleasant surprise.  Still can dream on him a bit, even if it’s a huge long-shot.