05/08 Games

Not a lot of love for Stephens or Guerrero but both are off to great starts again.

Stephens: 8.55 K/9, 2.41 BB/9, .358 BABIP, 2.99 FIP

Guerrero: 10.94 K/9, 2.39 BB/9, .420 BABIP, 2.29 FIP

I like what I'm seeing from Lambert, but it's hard to make a case he's the next in line after the big 4 when Stephens/Guerrero are doing quite well a level above. There's absolutely no reason there's guys should still be in AA while we throw absolute trash out to pitch in Charlotte.  

1 minute ago, ChiSoxJon said:

I'd love to get Alvarez up this year just to see what he's capable of, what a story

The problem is that he's blocked behind Leury (further behind Yolmer Sanchez)...he could be in Saladino's role, but that potentially goes to Cordell if he comes back 100% healthy.

Just for human interest and inspirational effects, hopefully the White Sox will promote him at some point this year.

22 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

Not a lot of love for Stephens or Guerrero but both are off to great starts again.

I like what I'm seeing from Lambert, but it's hard to make a case he's the next in line after the big 4 when Stephens/Guerrero are doing quite well a level above. There's absolutely no reason there's guys should still be in AA while we throw absolute trash out to pitch in Charlotte.  

Nice perspective on those two.  The board needs to see this.   I had no clue!

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Goodness, WS had 19 hits tonight.

That team is just loaded. Doing this without Robert and Burger too. Could you imagine?!

Oh and I believe this is Eloy's 3rd or 4th game already in LF. He played 17 games in LF last year so I'm glad Sox are giving him more of a look there so far.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Not the greatest glove. He'll fit in either corner nicely though. I'm sure Robert, Adolfo and Basabe will play all around the OF too. Sox like versatility.  

Right, but him starting 100% of his OF games in RF would prove more confidence in his defense than them having to try him out in LF. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Right, but him starting 100% of his OF games in RF would prove more confidence in his defense than them having to try him out in LF. 

I doubt it'll make an astronomical difference. Eloy is awesome, hell I've hyped him up enough for 2 eternities, but he is what he is defensively. Not the "cement glove" or whatever it was that poster called him in the GT yesterday but won't be winning any gold gloves out there either.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I doubt it'll make an astronomical difference. Eloy is awesome, hell I've hyped him up enough for 2 eternities, but he is what he is defensively. Not the "cement glove" or whatever it was that poster called him in the GT yesterday but won't be winning any gold gloves out there either.

I just thought it was weird that you were excited that he was being demoted to a lesser defensive position, even if it's not a huge difference.

10 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Goodness, WS had 19 hits tonight.  Ti'Quan Forbes is holding his own down there, improving his K/BB rate massively and his slash line, although he's still only at a 688 OPS.  He's got a long ways to go but he's got time, as he doesn't turn 22 until late August.

Forbes and the SS, Yeyson Yrizarri (sic), both are holding their own. 2 decent pickups. 

10 hours ago, mac9001 said:

Stephens has been pretty good by the traditional numbers as well. 

Guerrero on the other hand has not. That is a huge difference between his FIP and ERA. Obviously that BABIP will come down. I remember him having better advanced numbers than traditional numbers early in the season last year as well. 

I agree both should be at AAA. Stephens even moreso.