5/9 Games

flavum

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It could be argued Eloy has more value than Q does right now, 1-for-1. Throw in Cease and Rose in the deal, plus where the Sox were heading, it was a no-brainer. 

I don't think anyone would argue against that. Simply put, the current Quintana does not get you a top 2 prospect in baseball.

36 minutes ago, flavum said:

Collins double too.

I can't believe he is up to .244 now...what a turnaround.  How long does he have to hit like this to consider it the new Collins vs a hot streak?

Edited by BFirebird

Zavala seems to be a legit offensive player.  Him, Collins, & Jimenez should all be ready for the majors in the next 12 months.  That’s going to add a lot of offense to the lineup.  Will be interesting to see how they make Zavala fit though.  If he’s for real, you can’t just use him as your backup catcher.  I wonder if he could still play some OF when Collins is behind the dish.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Zavala seems to be a legit offensive player.  Him, Collins, & Jimenez should all be ready for the majors in the next 12 months.  That’s going to add a lot of offense to the lineup.  Will be interesting to see how they make Zavala fit though.  If he’s for real, you can’t just use him as your backup catcher.  I wonder if he could still play some OF when Collins is behind the dish.

What about like a McCann/Gattis duo?  C/DH combo?  I guess like they are doing now.

Edited by BFirebird

18 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

I can't believe he is up to .244 now...what a turnaround.  How long does he have to hit like this to consider it the new Collins vs a hot streak?

read this https://www.milb.com/milb/news/toolshed-zack-collins-clicking-again-at-plate/c-275805192?tcid=tw_article_275805192

he went back to his Hurricanes stance on April 24th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

Mendick solo jack.  #6

This kid is having a tremendous season. I know he’s slightly old for the level, but it’s hard to ignore his numbers.  With his defensive abilities, he’s a sure fire major leaguer at some point.  He could be a fantastic reserve behind Moncada & Anderson a year from now.  

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Thanks for the article.  Reading it makes me seem he was peeved to change his stance in the first place.  Bit of a misstep by the Sox maybe on that change.

This kid is having a tremendous season. I know he’s slightly old for the level, but it’s hard to ignore his numbers.  With his defensive abilities, he’s a sure fire major leaguer at some point.  He could be a fantastic reserve behind Moncada & Anderson a year from now.  

Was thinking the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

What about like a McCann/Gattis duo?  C/DH combo?  I guess like they are doing now.

I mean, that’s definitely a possibility.  I’m still operating under the assumption Matt Davidson might somehow be a major league caliber DH, which would take away that option.

Or maybe push Anderson a bit.

I mean, that’s definitely a possibility.  I’m still operating under the assumption Matt Davidson might somehow be a major league caliber DH, which would take away that option.

Never bad to have too many options.