5/9 Games

flavum

1 minute ago, flavum said:

How do they keep Eloy down until next April/May to get the extra year? If they can’t, wait until Super 2 is past, and bring him up. He’s a born hitter.

I don’t think they can at this point.  I’d bump him up to AAA at the end of May and then call him up to the majors if he has a solid June.  We’d get a good three months of him with the Sox which is about as good as we can do.

5 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Doesn’t really reflect highly on the White Sox development staff.

Right, but the one positive I can take from it is that Collins didn't let it affect him mentally and he had the balls to go against his coaches. Kid has leader written all over him.

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

How do they keep Eloy down until next April/May to get the extra year? If they can’t, wait until Super 2 is past, and bring him up. He’s a born hitter.

I think it's time to give up this dream. 

He's going to be up this year. I imagine the rough estimate was Late August/Sept, but he's going to be in AAA before June and at that point its only a matter of time. My guess is mid July. 

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This kid is having a tremendous season. I know he’s slightly old for the level, but it’s hard to ignore his numbers.  With his defensive abilities, he’s a sure fire major leaguer at some point.  He could be a fantastic reserve behind Moncada & Anderson a year from now.  

Moncada Anderson & Dickman sounds like a reputable law firm to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

If Jimenez gets bumped soon,I hope Micker goes to AA. I'd like to see him get some AA AB's before they shut him down (if they do)

They are going to let him play as long as he experiences no pain and it doesn't hinder his batting.  He'll get a full year DHing, then they will re-evaluate his elbow in late summer and if he needs surgery he'll have it then.  For position players it's usually a 8 month rehab (for full clearance of baseball activities) so if he does need surgery and has it in say early September he should be 100% by next June.  He would probably be swinging and doing light throwing all spring training.

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

He'll be up in July or August.

August roto (if Fulmer, all rotation is part of the future)

1) Rodon 2) Kopech 3) Lopez 4) Giolito 5) Fulmer

August bullpen

RP Burdi RP Hamilton RP Bummer (at least 3/7 part of the future)

August lineup

1B Abreu 2B Moncada SS Anderson LF Jimenez - at least 4/9 will be part of the future. Maybe Sanchez or Davidson can have roles too.

Things are starting to come together. Just have to keep in mind the Sox are 29th in payroll with $24.75 million coming off the books via Shields, Soria, MiGo and Santiago.  

Would the Sox really DFA Shields? I mean i'm all for it but i wonder if his whole veteran leadership deal will keep him around till seasons end.

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Right, but the one positive I can take from it is that Collins didn't let it affect him mentally and he had the balls to go against his coaches. Kid has leader written all over him.

He’s definitely got confidence.  Check that Hostetler interview that Y2Jimmy posted.  Sounds like the kid never doubted himself once despite his slow start to 2018.  That’s a huge character trait to have if you want to make it in the majors because there will always be extended periods of failure to overcome.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see a need to rush Micker.  Let Basabe get a shot at AA, he’s almost played 160 games at High A.

Yea that is true, also BIR would need someone that can play the OF.

I think it's safe to say that Eloy has hit the "scary good" stage. There are a lot of good minor leaguers out there, but Eloy seems to be in that Acuna/Vlad Jr area where it's all but a lock that he'll be a beast at this point. And this isn't a small sample size at all. He did it all last year and his numbers this year are just incredible. 

Also important to note that Eloy will be 21 for the entire season this year, as he does not turn 22 until late November.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

August bullpen

August lineup

1B Abreu 2B Moncada SS Anderson LF Jimenez - at least 4/9 will be part of the future. Maybe Sanchez or Davidson can have roles too.

Things are starting to come together. Just have to keep in mind the Sox are 29th in payroll with $24.75 million coming off the books via Shields, Soria, MiGo and Santiago.  

Will Burdi be back by then?

I understand the service time concerns that others have, but I am all for bringing up Eloy and Kopech if they prove they're ready this year.

We need both of those guys, along with Moncada, and some combination of Rodon, Gio, Lopez and Fulmer to be performing well to bring optimism to this rebuild, if we have any chance of landing a Machado or Pollock. Record wise, this team couldn't be any worse right now.

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, that’s definitely a possibility.  I’m still operating under the assumption Matt Davidson might somehow be a major league caliber DH, which would take away that option.

If Davidson is in the way, trade Davidson.

10 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I think it's safe to say that Eloy has hit the "scary good" stage. There are a lot of good minor leaguers out there, but Eloy seems to be in that Acuna/Vlad Jr area where it's all but a lock that he'll be a beast at this point. And this isn't a small sample size at all. He did it all last year and his numbers this year are just incredible. 

Also important to note that Eloy will be 21 for the entire season this year, as he does not turn 22 until late November.

For me personally his DWL performance cemented him as an elite hitting prospect.  There's a lot MLBers that go down there and struggle to hit 270.  Eloy absolutely dominated, I think he finished like 340/400/650 in about 100 PA.

The only obstacle to this kid having an All-Star filled career is health imo.  His bat is on the Manny Ramirez, Pujols, Cabrera level.  Not saying he's going to have a HOF career like those guys but they are who you compare him to at this point in his development.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For me personally his DWL performance cemented him as an elite hitting prospect.  There's a lot MLBers that go down there and struggle to hit 270.  Eloy absolutely dominated, I think he finished like 340/400/650 in about 100 PA.

The only obstacle to this kid having an All-Star filled career is health imo.  His bat is on the Manny Ramirez, Pujols, Cabrera level.  Not saying he's going to have a HOF career like those guys but they are who you compare him to at this point in his development.

He did even better! .368/.443/.676

The guy does nothing but rake.

• Thanks 1

They're not really the most important guys, I know, but what happen to the two guys we got for Melky (Andre Davis and AJ Puckett) and the least of the Sale return, Victor Diaz? None of them have played in our system this year. Hurt?

26 minutes ago, raBBit said:

August bullpen

August lineup

This group will be a lot more to follow even with the expected growing pains.

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

They're not really the most important guys, I know, but what happen to the two guys we got for Melky (Andre Davis and AJ Puckett) and the least of the Sale return, Victor Diaz? None of them have played in our system this year. Hurt?

All are on the DL. Puckett tore his ACL, not sure on the other 2. 

27 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Yup. Send Basabe, Call and Booker to AA, send Eloy to AAA, send Luis Gonzalez and Robert to A+ and shut down Micker in time so he could be ready for opening day next year even with a minor set back.

Charlotte - LF - Jimenez CF - Tilson RF - Cordell

BHAM - LF - Booker CF - Basabe RF - Call. Polo mixes in they and all rotate to DH. Cut Barnum and put Fisher at 1B. 

W-S - LF Luis Gonzalez CF Robert RF - Rutherford. Adolfo handles DH until he needs to shut it down.

This all looks good to me.