Jake Burger re-tears Achilles

Sleepy Harold

55 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Hahn on injury:

"He was walking in his backyard and took a step and unfortunately felt a pop. It appears nothing could've been done to prevent this, much like the first one, just something that happens.

"Doctors are very optimistic that this repair, the second repair, will take, especially with the graft tissue attachment. It's a step that's made to help solidify the strength of the tendon and the repair."

"Lousy setback for a great kid who's been working hard," Hahn said. "But as was the case with the first repair, the expectation is there's to be no long-term effect on his baseball career.

"We expect him to have no restrictions in the future. Nothing the kid did wrong, no issue with anything along the path of his rehabilitation. Unfortunately this apparently happens in a relatively small percentage of Achilles repairs. Despite his hard work, Jake suffered this reinjury."

We'll see I guess.

It sounds like  they did use an external graft to augment the current tissue. The current tissue must have been hambuger (pun intended). Hit sounds as if its an autograft from his own body. Hopefully it all heals well.

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It sounds like  they did use an external graft to augment the current tissue. The current tissue must have been hambuger (pun intended). Hit sounds as if its an autograft from his own body. Hopefully it all heals well.

Poor guy. Not much you can say. He's 22 and out of action a long while. Will he be back for spring training? I like his bat but obviously Sox will have to move on. I'd expect a Moose signing and if Burger ever makes it back he'll be traded. Best luck JB.

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

... what?

He may be implying Jake was a bit sloppy in his rehab, maybe not wearing the brace/boot. Sox have to move on. Jake's gonna be 23 next April. He probably won't play his age 23 season. He'll need age 24 season in AA or AAA. He'll be a MLB rookie at 25 if all goes well and he stays in good shape thru all this, etc. Sign Moose and go from there.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Poor guy. Not much you can say. He's 22 and out of action a long while. Will he be back for spring training? I like his bat but obviously Sox will have to move on. I'd expect a Moose signing and if Burger ever makes it back he'll be traded. Best luck JB.

what the hell are you talking about? Our first pick re-injures himself and you think Moose is going to get signed? Obviously the Sox will have to move on???? what???

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Story says 12 months from this injury. He will not be at spring training next year unless he's just there to watch and rehab.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MEANS said:

what the hell are you talking about? Our first pick re-injures himself and you think Moose is going to get signed? Obviously the Sox will have to move on???? what???

Because of his age, he's no longer a prime prospect is what I said in my post. Yes, Moose is a viable FA option this offseason. Why wouldn't he be?

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Because of his age, he's no longer a prime prospect is what I said in my post. Yes, Moose is a viable FA option this offseason. Why wouldn't he be?

Moose will be 30 next year and is only getting older. Pass!

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Honestly, I'm just going to completely put him out of my mind and if he happens to come back and contribute anything, then I'll consider it a bonus.

I'd already done that, especially with all the good offensive performances the Sox are getting in MiLB right now.

15 hours ago, MEANS said:

Greg isn't familiar with any MLB players unless they play for the Sox or Royals.

20 hours ago, MEANS said:

What is bad about Moose? We need a 3B and Moose's bat n  glove suffice for certain.