5/9 1:10, Pirates vs White Sox

flavum

Just now, flavum said:

When the Sox get the 2nd pick instead of 3rd, we can look back at this one and smile. I’m grasping.

Lopez pitches great and they lost...I will take that the rest of the way besides for this weekend 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

In the 7th, 8th and 9th. I actually don't mind them early in the game. 

Very true. I should have qualified my statement with that. It’s shocking how bad Jones has been, anytime he is given the chance to close.

just a downright awful bullpen, full of guys with no business being in the league. 

It is kind of funny that Hahn and company thought the culture of this team was so great that Manny would want to re-sign here if he was on this particular team.  Sometimes I wonder if the front office has a grasp on reality 

• Like 1

Just now, The Ginger Kid said:

So much rather lose with guys who factor into the future vs dead weight. 

Business comes first though. And Burdi would have been the closer if he didn't get hurt. They have no other closing options 

I realized when Hahn traded our entire bullpen last mid season for nothing that this bullpen would be bad this year. I can now say that other than Lopez this entire pitching staff has to be the worse staff in my lifetime. Hahn has said the last 2 seasons that the team was "Mired In Mediocrity". And he might have been right but now this team is a out and out disaster. 4 of the 5 starters can't get anybody out and the bullpen is probably as bad as the starters. This is one of the most shameful things I have seen as a White Sox fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

I realized when Hahn traded our entire bullpen last mid season for nothing that this bullpen would be bad this year. I can now say that other than Lopez this entire pitching staff has to be the worse staff in my lifetime. Hahn has said the last 2 seasons that the team was "Mired In Mediocrity". And he might have been right but now this team is a out and out disaster. 4 of the 5 starters can't get anybody out and the bullpen is probably as bad as the starters. This is one of the most shameful things I have seen as a White Sox fan.

You expected better?

3 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The sooner people allow themselves not to worry about players that will have no impact on the roster in two years, the easier this will be for them. I would much rather Lopez pitch great and they lose than for him to have done horrible with bad velocity and they sneak out a win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

The sooner people allow themselves not to worry about players that will have no impact on the roster in two years, the easier this will be for them. I would much rather Lopez pitch great and they lose than for him to have done horrible with bad velocity and they sneak out a win.

You sort of contradict yourself. This post defends the rebuild, but...

"It is kind of funny that Hahn and company thought the culture of this team was so great that Manny would want to re-sign here if he was on this particular team.  Sometimes I wonder if the front office has a grasp on reality"

...contradicts that as you seem to say Hahn is clueless.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That's a false choice.
And even if I were to buy this "All part of Hahn's great plan" revisionism, "flipping Jones" was part of it.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

You sort of contradict yourself. This post defends the rebuild, but...

"It is kind of funny that Hahn and company thought the culture of this team was so great that Manny would want to re-sign here if he was on this particular team.  Sometimes I wonder if the front office has a grasp on reality"

...contradicts that as you seem to say Hahn is clueless.

You really think Manny would have come here, be on a 100 loss team and be like "you know what, screw the Dodgers/Cubs/Yankees".  It's not like the Lester to the Cubs situation, where there was the pre-existing relationship

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

That's a false choice.
And even if I were to buy this "All part of Hahn's great plan" revisionism, "flipping Jones" was part of it.

You would have rather seen the Sox win today as Lopez pitches terribly rather than today's outcome? Interesting.

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

That's a false choice.

Again, no team would give up a lot to get someone with his medical background.

Just now, fathom said:

You really think Manny would have come here, be on a 100 loss team and be like "you know what, screw the Dodgers/Cubs/Yankees".  It's not like the Lester to the Cubs situation, where there was the pre-existing relationship

Do you think Manny thinks that if he comes here they'll lose 100 games?

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

If pitching well now is so important,  why shouldn't fans be freaked out by Gio and Fulmer?

All of these guys have enough stuff to be really good, but command and control seem to be an issue with all. It obviously isn't that uncommon or guys that throw 100 would never be available for next to nothing. Coop needs to fix them, or at least one of them. I think throwing strikes is probably going to be an issue with the other big name prospects as well, when it' their time.