Sox vs Cubs 1:20 NBCSN

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I knew and accepted we were going to be bad this year, but not this bad. But, we will compete and we are not officially eliminated this season either 

Everything is magnified against the Cubs. For all those terrible Cubs years everyone would say, "throw out the records when these two play" as a way of preparing the fanbase to lose because none of us tolerated it. Granted, those were the years when neither team had won a World Series and both fanbases HATED each other. 

We accept that this season has been constructed to be intentionally dreadful. But no matter what our situation is, or that of the Cubs, all of our problems are brought to the surface in this series. Personally, I just hate watching us ressurect Contreras and Rizzo's season; or help Bryant and company stat-pad. Losing isn't a problem in itself. But my God, have some self respect and try to be somewhat competitive  

5 minutes ago, daggins said:

Checking out of this for today. The only thing that is going to make this team better is time. I'll still be checking the MiLB box scores, of course.

NCAA lacrosse tournament is on. 4 games today, 4 tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I have an extra pair of glasses for the umpire 

I would guess Lester is top 5 in baseball for last few years in terms of balls called strike.  You would never know by him b****ing about every close pitch 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox have hit 8 balls at 95mph or harder 

Lester has nothing left. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him get pulverized by the National League at some point this season. He's not far away from being Shields. In fact he's Padres Shields now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman