5-13 GT - Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CST

Cooper's just been here a long time, and things don't seem to be working:  the young guys aren't responding and the vets aren't either.  Samardzija wanted out of here after a week, he didn't give Junior Guerra a chance and completely mis-evaluated him.  Just nothing has happened in years.

As for the hitting coach,  the guys who are supposed to hit are hitting; and some younger players have developed.  He has a lot of players with limited talent.

Edited by GreenSox

My problem with Giolito is his short leg kick with nobody on base. It is like he's not using his huge frame at all to generate power in his stuff. I need to go watch video of Giolito from the 2015 futures game and see what his motion looked like compared to now. 

Talking about the eye test, I love Abreu. His numbers this year don't jump off the page, but he's come so far from when he first came over. He's really on another level than anyone else on our team in terms of his overall competence at the plate.

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Cooper's just been here a long time, and things don't seem to be working:  the young guys aren't responding and the vets aren't either.  Samardzija wanted out of here after a week, he didn't give Junior Guerra a chance and completely mis-evaluated him.  Just nothing has happened in years.

As for the hitting coach,  the guys who are supposed to hit are hitting; and some younger players have developed.  He has a lot of players with limited talent.

Coops been here a long time I agree, whether he is the root of some of the recent results is probably true, but Samardzjia hasn’t done much since leaving either. Bottom line is this. This is JR team. Coop was a part of 05.I have heard he is also KW and the front offices mole. He never made much money as a marginal big leaguer in the early 80s. I thinks he has incentive to stay as long as his health permits. He like the rest of the KW, RH regime has total job security.

I'm happy he's at least throwing pitches in the zone but he has to miss some bats. All of his decent starts have tended to go this way where you look later on and he basically never strikes anyone out