5-13 GT - Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CST

Davidson has learned to make contact on the high pitch, which he's never been able to lay off of. And his ability to draw a walk is basically his saving grace, because last year he was showing Anderson-esque patience at the plate (though Timmy is no Timmy of old either this year). Davidson can afford to hit less good than he has as long as he continues to draw walks so well.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He doesn’t seem too interested at the moment lol.  But he will be if the Sox do something awesome.  We unfortunately missed the Davidson HR earlier.

Wow.. that was seriously your shot. Kids are only second to chicks in digging the long ball.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Had a golden opportunity this year and he has totally choked 

He's a guy that passes the eye test in that he's athletic looking, has a swing that looks powerful, but he just isn't hitting. His defense has been a pleasant surprise, but that's because it has been adequate when we feared it would be very bad. I'm not sure when we'll pull the plug but in retrospect his hot start last year seems based on equal parts luck and a lack of scouting by opponents.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

He's a guy that passes the eye test in that he's athletic looking, has a swing that looks powerful, but he just isn't hitting. His defense has been a pleasant surprise, but that's because it has been adequate when we feared it would be very bad. I'm not sure when we'll pull the plug but in retrospect his hot start last year seems based on equal parts luck and a lack of scouting by opponents.

His defense has been awful

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

Please feel free to replace Cooper. He's still living off 2005 and Sale.

I would say Coop is the one coach who has distinguished himself. He may be a grumpy old snitch but he has done some good work. If they wanted to get rid of him they could just make him manager. We have more pressing needs in my view.