5-13 GT - Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CST

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He has pretty good plate discipline.  If the OF defense improves a bit and he recovers some of his power he can be an effective corner reserve.

I would keep Nick D around. Nicky I would cut yesterday. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  He clearly needs to regain some confidence.

Yeah he looks worse now than he did earlier in the year when he was a joke on the mound. He's missing the plate by as much as you will ever see.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

IMO, nothing he could do there. His leadoff and secondary lead hung him out to dry

Not if he went back ion contact. Having the contact play on makes no sense. If that was on it’s in Maddon. If not, I think Russell just made a dumb play.

Giolito threw some four seamers at 89 that inning. Had to go check Statcast to see if maybe they were cutters but if they were they weren't distinguishable from his four-seamer.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Giolito threw some four seamers at 89 that inning. Had to go check Statcast to see if maybe they were cutters but if they were they weren't distinguishable from his four-seamer.

I've chalked it up all year to mechanics, just have to hope it's not an injury. 

1 minute ago, Jake said:

how can a 23 year old go from throwing 100 to 89 so quickly? its just so baffling

1 minute ago, Jake said:

That’s my single biggest concern with him.  The stuff just continues to get worst & worst.

Just now, reiks12 said:

how can a 23 year old go from throwing 100 to 89 so quickly? its just so baffling

If this is a case of Cooper telling him to take velocity off for movement, then it's not working. If it's mechanics, then send him down and let him work on it with a little less pressure.  

Just now, fathom said:

I've chalked it up all year to mechanics, just have to hope it's not an injury. 

Hard to understand how the mechanics could be playing such a big role, but it's not impossible. Lucas is clearly a guy who spends most of his downtime thinking about what he needs to do and it wouldn't shock me if he's analyzed and tweaked himself out of the big leagues by now.