5/14 Games

DirtySox

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Only BHAM and Kanny on the slate.  CHA and W-S are off.

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=145&ymd=20180514

BHAM: Brennan

KAN: Henzman

Birmingham hitters facing a touch one in Griffin Canning tonight.

Looks like Schilling, who is facing Kanny, is also pretty tough. No walks either thru 6, that always helps.

Another K for Collins...I guess we jumped a bit soon to forecast him and Zavala into big league roles.  Not close to ready, at least yet.  Jimenez 0 for 3.

Gordon Beckham is still alive, btw...just struck out in his season debut for the M's against the Twins, who are still hanging close with the Indians because the division is so terrible.   Meanwhile, Byron Buxton can't HIT, yet again (440 OPS, making Engel look positively hitterish.)

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Another K for Collins...I guess we jumped a bit soon to forecast him and Zavala into big league roles.  Not close to ready, at least yet.  Jimenez 0 for 3.

This is sarcasm, I hope? Because he's 0-3 in one game he can't be predicted to be in the majors?

58 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is sarcasm, I hope? Because he's 0-3 in one game he can't be predicted to be in the majors?

Of course...3-4 days ago, some were pushing to promote Jimenez, for example.  2-3 weeks ago, Collins was a complete bust.

Obviously they're facing some REALLY tough pitching, so the basic idea is to pump the brakes on rushing anyone from AA to AAA until they're 100% ready for the next step.

We shouldn't push those guys up...just to push more guys from Winston-Salem so we can accommodate a couple of hitters like Gonzalez and Rivera that are doing well in the SALLY League.

Edited by caulfield12