Robinson Cano- PED’s

soxfan49

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, ptatc said:

Just educated guessing. He passed a physical which means he doesn't have severe forms of those conditions which would require medication. If so, the team would have prescribed the meds, not a "licensed physician in the DR."

Makes sense. Thanks 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

What legitimate uses for this are there, and are any of them things Cano could have needed to take?

Usually severe kidney issues or really high blood pressure. But there are others.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Would he really be able to play professional baseball if he had heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder?

I switched beliefs since that post but those are just the most common reasons. There are exceptions 

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

No matter how seriously you think it should be taken, the whole PED use/Hall of Fame/banned substance thing continues to be the absolute worst part of being a baseball fan.

Totally agreed.  There is nothing in the history of baseball that has been screwed up worse than this debate.

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

No matter how seriously you think it should be taken, the whole PED use/Hall of Fame/banned substance thing continues to be the absolute worst part of being a baseball fan.

Getting the proud KKK members out of it should be a bigger concern 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I switched beliefs since that post but those are just the most common reasons. There are exceptions 

There are. However, a professional sports team with the money invested in him will monitor his health very closely. Any medication given for conditions like this would come from the team physicians, in general. There could be exceptions but it's not likely.

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Just educated guessing. He passed a physical which means he doesn't have severe forms of those conditions which would require medication. If so, the team would have prescribed the meds, not a "licensed physician in the DR."

Exactly.  He was trying to pass something in anticipation of a drug test.

Was just reported on MLB Network that part of the drug testing agreement calls for an independent doctor to review cases like this to determine whether there was likely a legitimate medical use for the substance. Given that he was suspended, the doctor must not have been convinced.

As far as the HOF discussion is concerned, it's easier for me to entertain the case of guys like this because there's a testing regimen in place and I have a decent amount of trust in it.

11 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is a joke right? Pretty sure Lowrie of the A's and Altuve deserve the All-Star nod for second baseman. But Moncada's name, and if he really tears it up over the next 2 months, I guess I could see it.

Edited by Scoots

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Somebody from the White Sox has to make it one way or another.

I mean, there is still 2 months plus to go, but ReyLo would probably be the one guy that gets in. If what the poster Jose Abreu said is true about there being 3 second baseman, I could see Moncada getting in.

3 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I mean, there is still 2 months plus to go, but ReyLo would probably be the one guy that gets in. If what the poster Jose Abreu said is true about there being 3 second baseman, I could see Moncada getting in.

Davidson