White Sox vs Pittsburgh 11:35 AM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Leury's a nice little player. There was a point in time when we had Semien, Saladino, Micah Johnson, Leury, and Yolmer in the minors and it sure felt at the time like we had an embarrassment of riches when it came to high-floor, low-ish ceiling versatile infielders. Turns out we were mostly right. I think we'd be happy to have kept Semien in the system, but getting some value for Micah when we could was impressive and Saladino's age and possibly health ended up making him expendable.

• Like 1

Yolmer and Leury are actually 2 WAR players.  Yolmer might actually be a 3-4 WAR player.  That is absolutely amazing.  Probably the most encouraging thing on the big league club this season.  Just sign Yolmer now IMO.  He's proven he's a solid starting 3B.  Offer him a 5 year extension with some club options at the end TA style.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Doesn’t seem like his arm could handle a starter’s workload.  Didn’t he have two Tommy John surgeries?

Yeah. Shame on #2 for sure now. Hope he can get a decent career out of it still, great stuff and control.

I would like, at whatever time it's needed, for Yolmer to try out the OF. I'm not sure if he has the athleticism to cover CF but you can see some of that Zobrist-esque full-time utility guy in Yolmer.