White Sox vs Pittsburgh 11:35 AM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Obviously there is no real evidence behind this, but Cooper seems to be having a rough year with the staff.  Almost everyone is underperforming with the key young guys showing almost no signs of development.  Plenty of time for things to change, but the not the start any of us were looking for.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

42 minutes ago, Jake said:

Leury's a nice little player. There was a point in time when we had Semien, Saladino, Micah Johnson, Leury, and Yolmer in the minors and it sure felt at the time like we had an embarrassment of riches when it came to high-floor, low-ish ceiling versatile infielders. Turns out we were mostly right. I think we'd be happy to have kept Semien in the system, but getting some value for Micah when we could was impressive and Saladino's age and possibly health ended up making him expendable.

I'd absolutely love to have Semien at 3rd. He sure as hell isn't a SS. 

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously there is no real evidence behind this, but Cooper seems to be having a rough year with the staff.  Almost everyone is underperforming with the key young guys showing almost no signs of development.  Plenty of time for things to change, but the not the start any of us were looking for.

How many pitchers do well on absolutely terrible teams? The lack of offense really messes with pitchers. It's no coincidence the 05 team had a ton of pitchers with career years and we were almost guaranteed an early lead whenever Pods got on base. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

How many pitchers do well on absolutely terrible teams? The lack of offense really messes with pitchers. It's no coincidence the 05 team had a ton of pitchers with career years and we were almost guaranteed an early lead whenever Pods got on base. 

I don't disagree with what you're saying and my statement was meant to be a bit of a hot take, but man this pitching staff has been disappointing and I came into the season already expecting bad.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying and my statement was meant to be a bit of a hot take, but man this pitching staff has been disappointing and I came into the season already expecting bad.

Too many freaking walks.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

People keep saying wait until September, but why September?  Doesn't that account as service time just as much as any other month?

All based on service time of days spent in majors, waiting till September instead of May helps as far as team control. Effects everything from arbitration to free agency eligibility.

Edited by Soxfest

8 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

All based on service time of days spent in majors, waiting till September instead of May helps as far as team control. Effects everything from arbitration to free agency eligibility.

Unless you're advocating the sox leaving them (mostly just kopech) in the minors to start next year (which some have), theres no difference in bringing them up end of june vs september