White Sox vs Pittsburgh 11:35 AM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

33 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

How many pitchers do well on absolutely terrible teams? The lack of offense really messes with pitchers. It's no coincidence the 05 team had a ton of pitchers with career years and we were almost guaranteed an early lead whenever Pods got on base. 

Steve Carlton comes to mind.  1972, I believe.

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

People say there is no rivalry with the Cubs, but this season tells us different.  0-5 against PIT & STL, while managing to win a game at Wrigley.  That's no coincidence, Ricky still holds a grudge too.  Another loss today likely.

"Take that Theo!"  - Ricky

10 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Unless you're advocating the sox leaving them (mostly just kopech) in the minors to start next year (which some have), theres no difference in bringing them up end of june vs september

Full season is 187 days of service credit.............calling a guy up in September instead of June is a huge difference. Player gets a day credit every day spent in majors.

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

People keep saying wait until September, but why September?  Doesn't that account as service time just as much as any other month?

If there is a realistic chance of a player breaking camp in 19, there is no good reason for them to be down after the super 2 deadline  this year. Service time and arb considerations are the same.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If there is a realistic chance of a player breaking camp in 19, there is no good reason for them to be down after the super 2 deadline  this year. Service time and arb considerations are the same.

I would rather they keep them down until the control clock gives them an extra year next year. No reason to have them up with this crap, when you can get an extra year of control when they supposedly are good, and if they suck, if these guys are any good, they are better trade assets with that extra year. 

If the plan is to be good next year, then call them up. If not, it's really a waste. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I would rather they keep them down until the control clock gives them an extra year next year. No reason to have them up with this crap, when you can get an extra year of control when they supposedly are good, and if they suck, if these guys are any good, they are better trade assets with that extra year. 

If the plan is to be good next year, then call them up. If not, it's really a waste. 

I disagree. I don't think you can expect them to be good right away. i think most of them will need a year of growing pains and learning before you can expect them to be ready. So if they want to be good in 2020 they need the 2019 season for learning. Some of them may be good immediately but I don't think they should count on it.

The Sox don’t have to feel bad keeping Jimenez and Kopech down all year and waiting until 7>6 next year.

Kopech is clearly still a work-in-progress and he’s still just 22.

Eloy is 21 in AA. Let him dominate all year in the minors. There’s no rush with him. 

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously there is no real evidence behind this, but Cooper seems to be having a rough year with the staff.  Almost everyone is underperforming with the key young guys showing almost no signs of development.  Plenty of time for things to change, but the not the start any of us were looking for.

Cooper is a tough outspoken guy. If anybody called him out for his staff reeking, I can imagine his response: "Are u bleeping kidding me? We got no major leaguers on this staff, none. Oh except 'maybe' Lopez. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll give Greg credit for one thing, Soria is most definitely a stiff.

Thank you. He's our pitching version of LaRoche. At least for his efforts Soria gets his 1 million buck buyout after the season. Good for him. How could the Sox acquire that contract. That's just throwing money away. I mean the owner$ are laughing all the way to the bank in this rebuild. Surprised they'd be OK with tossing several million at a stiff like Soria.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Thank you. He's our pitching version of LaRoche. At least for his efforts Soria gets his 1 million buck buyout after the season. Good for him. How could the Sox acquire that contract. That's just throwing money away. I mean the owner$ are laughing all the way to the bank in this rebuild. Surprised they'd be OK with tossing several million at a stiff like Soria.

They did it for Avilan. He sucks too. And the guy KC had to give up to the Dodgers to take Soria is horrible as well. Jake Peter might be the best player, but where is he going to play, and even if you had a spot, I don't think anyone is losing sleep he is no longer with the team. Crap for Crap for Crap. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

They did it for Avilan. He sucks too. And the guy KC had to give up to the Dodgers to take Soria is horrible as well. Jake Peter might be the best player, but where is he going to play, and even if you had a spot, I don't think anyone is losing sleep he is no longer with the team. Crap for Crap for Crap. 

Yeah, Avilan also makes me ill when he takes the mound. At some point during the end of the rebuild I assume the Sox will acquire some good players/pitchers. 

Outfield defense miserable all year. Brain farts. Pitchers that are their own worst enemy. Fry looked very good today I thought. He may be developing into a capable piece for the pen. Leury has done well. Corner Outfield defense in these two games was fantastically brutal. The less we see of the clown shoes OF defense the better we'll be. The infield defense was actually solid in this series, save Yolmer's play today, but Yolmer hasn't played much SS that I know of, so he gets a pass. Davidson was manhandled all day by Pirates pitching. 

My prediction of 25-56 after 81 is actually looking very optimistic. 

6 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Outfield defense miserable all year. Brain farts. Pitchers that are their own worst enemy. Fry looked very good today I thought. He may be developing into a capable piece for the pen. Leury has done well. Corner Outfield defense in these two games was fantastically brutal. The less we see of the clown shoes OF defense the better we'll be. The infield defense was actually solid in this series, save Yolmer's play today, but Yolmer hasn't played much SS that I know of, so he gets a pass. Davidson was manhandled all day by Pirates pitching. 

My prediction of 25-56 after 81 is actually looking very optimistic. 

Yeah man, they are f***ing pitiful. I figured they'd have no shot at the #1 pick, but the chances are very real. They're the worst team in baseball, and the next closest team (Baltimore) has 3 more wins.

Edited by soxfan49

Worst team in Sox history me thinks. At least modern history, last 50 years. I'd say 8 wins a month still looks like the high water possibility for 48 wins. No way this team is winning 60 games; 50 is possible. No more than 52 wins. I'll stick with just under 50 victories.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Worst team in Sox history me thinks. At least modern history, last 50 years. I'd say 8 wins a month still looks like the high water possibility for 48 wins. No way this team is winning 60 games; 50 is possible. No more than 52 wins. I'll stick with just under 50 victories.

54-108 would still surprise me, even if they traded Abreu and Yolmer in July. 

If they played .500, they would be 71-90 going in to the final game of the season.  I am going  out on a limb and say , no chance they win that many.  It' also 3 or 4 fewer than what I believe they would win considering the horrid division.