White Sox vs Pittsburgh 11:35 AM CST

Kyyle23

20 minutes ago, flavum said:

54-108 would still surprise me, even if they traded Abreu and Yolmer in July. 

We only have 10 wins. I have a hard time seeing us win 48. I mean that's 38 more victories. This team??

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

We only have 10 wins. I have a hard time seeing us win 48. I mean that's 38 more victories. This team??

They’ll win more than 45 more games.

It wouldn’t be too much to ask for 4-4 at home vs Tex and Bal.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously there is no real evidence behind this, but Cooper seems to be having a rough year with the staff.  Almost everyone is underperforming with the key young guys showing almost no signs of development.  Plenty of time for things to change, but the not the start any of us were looking for.

I have wondered about Duncan looking over his shoulder. Maybe he doesn't like it. 

3 hours ago, flavum said:

The Sox don’t have to feel bad keeping Jimenez and Kopech down all year and waiting until 7>6 next year.

Kopech is clearly still a work-in-progress and he’s still just 22.

Eloy is 21 in AA. Let him dominate all year in the minors. There’s no rush with him. 

Okay so we will start competing in 2021 then. Nice. 

Kopech and Jimenez are separate cases.  Kopech probably should stay down.  The other guy, not so much.  Jimenez will probably progress a lot faster against  major league competition.  I say, kick him up to AAA now, and if he rakes for a week or two, bring him up.  Unless you think Delmonico is better.

To keep Jimenez down for another full year would do nothing to help him. He's clearly ready to develop his skillset against Major League pitching and he should get that opportunity this summer. I'm all for saving money/years of control, but not when doing so is actively hurting the development of a cornerstone of the rebuild. 

30 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

To keep Jimenez down for another full year would do nothing to help him. He's clearly ready to develop his skillset against Major League pitching and he should get that opportunity this summer. I'm all for saving money/years of control, but not when doing so is actively hurting the development of a cornerstone of the rebuild. 

He should get a few weeks at AAA, because every hitter should get a few weeks at AAA. Conveniently a few weeks at AAA puts him up right after the super-2 deadline. I don't know why he's still at AA honestly, he's earned a callup at this point.