Jump to content
Kyyle23

White Sox vs Pittsburgh 11:35 AM CST

Recommended Posts

Obviously there is no real evidence behind this, but Cooper seems to be having a rough year with the staff.  Almost everyone is underperforming with the key young guys showing almost no signs of development.  Plenty of time for things to change, but the not the start any of us were looking for.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Yolmer but real bad mental lapse. Soria is already struggling for outs as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soria a run machine..............defense so bad can you tell them RR neighborhood play is over WTH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Love Yolmer but real bad mental lapse. Soria is already struggling for outs as it is.

Yolmer is usually heady, but he's had a few brain cramps this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jake said:

Leury's a nice little player. There was a point in time when we had Semien, Saladino, Micah Johnson, Leury, and Yolmer in the minors and it sure felt at the time like we had an embarrassment of riches when it came to high-floor, low-ish ceiling versatile infielders. Turns out we were mostly right. I think we'd be happy to have kept Semien in the system, but getting some value for Micah when we could was impressive and Saladino's age and possibly health ended up making him expendable.

I'd absolutely love to have Semien at 3rd. He sure as hell isn't a SS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously there is no real evidence behind this, but Cooper seems to be having a rough year with the staff.  Almost everyone is underperforming with the key young guys showing almost no signs of development.  Plenty of time for things to change, but the not the start any of us were looking for.

How many pitchers do well on absolutely terrible teams? The lack of offense really messes with pitchers. It's no coincidence the 05 team had a ton of pitchers with career years and we were almost guaranteed an early lead whenever Pods got on base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Yolmer is usually heady, but he's had a few brain cramps this season. 

Agreed he's prone to the occasional gaffe but overall very reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TaylorStSox said:

How many pitchers do well on absolutely terrible teams? The lack of offense really messes with pitchers. It's no coincidence the 05 team had a ton of pitchers with career years and we were almost guaranteed an early lead whenever Pods got on base. 

I don't disagree with what you're saying and my statement was meant to be a bit of a hot take, but man this pitching staff has been disappointing and I came into the season already expecting bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as season is going no point till September burning up MLB service time this year till then.

Edited by Soxfest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying and my statement was meant to be a bit of a hot take, but man this pitching staff has been disappointing and I came into the season already expecting bad.

Too many freaking walks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxfest said:

As bad a season is going no point till September burning up MLB service time this year till then.

People keep saying wait until September, but why September?  Doesn't that account as service time just as much as any other month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

People keep saying wait until September, but why September?  Doesn't that account as service time just as much as any other month?

All based on service time of days spent in majors, waiting till September instead of May helps as far as team control. Effects everything from arbitration to free agency eligibility.

Edited by Soxfest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Soria a run machine..............defense so bad can you tell them RR neighborhood play is over WTH!

Real good post here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

All based on service time of days spent in majors, waiting till September instead of May helps as far as team control. Effects everything from arbitration to free agency eligibility.

Unless you're advocating the sox leaving them (mostly just kopech) in the minors to start next year (which some have), theres no difference in bringing them up end of june vs september

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×