5/17 Games

joejoedairy

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cedeno & Gomez have been awesome for the Knights.  I’d send down Bummer & Beck and call these two up.

I agree with Bummer going down but Beck has actually been surprisingly decent. His stuff has had some kick to it, he was topping out at like 97 the other day in Pitt.I'd give him some more time in there and see if he's actually something. Cedeno for Bummer and Gomez for Volstad?

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I agree with Bummer going down but Beck has actually been surprisingly decent. His stuff has had some kick to it, he was topping out at like 97 the other day in Pitt.I'd give him some more time in there and see if he's actually something. Cedeno for Bummer and Gomez for Volstad?

I’ll have to pay more attention when Beck is pitching.  Haven’t been overly impressed with what I’ve seen so far, but admittedly it’s pretty litte.  I agree with others that we rushed Bummer and he could use minor league seasoning.  Cedeno was an always an intriguing signing (projection systems really liked him coming into the year) and has been lights out so far.  Plus he has another season of control which could obviously prove useful.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll have to pay more attention when Beck is pitching.  Haven’t been overly impressed with what I’ve seen so far, but admittedly it’s pretty litte.  I agree with others that we rushed Bummer and he could use minor league seasoning.  Cedeno was an always an intriguing signing (projection systems really liked him coming into the year) and has been lights out so far.  Plus he has another season of control which could obviously prove useful.

Yea I know,it's surprising how solid he's looked since last year he was a gas can.i know its small sample size but so far so good and I agree. Bummer needs more seasoning and Cedeno having a nice season facilitates the Sox to give him it but I guess they want him up for w.e reason.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

I could see the Sox signing someone like Kimbrell or something, but I think most of the arms will come from the farm, I think the pen could be a real strength in 2020

Some Braves fans I know think they will bring Kimbrel back. Makes a lot of sense.

Since no one really talked about any of the games that were played...

Eloy - 0/4, RBI, 2 K

Collins - 2/4, RBI

Zavala - 3/4, 2B, BB

Luis Gonzalez - 2/5

Parke got his tits blown off.

RP Elliot went 3 hitless innings, 1 BB, 6 K. Now has 30 K to 6 BB and 18 H in 23 IP. 1.54 ERA. It seems he might be ready for W-S. He threw 63 IP in Kanny last year, and had a 59 K:10 BB ratio with a 2.29 ERA and WHIP under 1.  He's now at 86 IP in Kanny with 89 Ks, 16 BB, and 66 H. At 23, I think he's ready to move up. Is Kyle Kubat on an injury assignment to W-S? Bump him back up to AA.