Injury updates

southsider2k5

Injury updates:

Rodon will throw at Kanny on Saturday

MiGone had a set back, won't throw for at least 10 -14 days.

Avi progressing slowly through Grade 2 hammy strain, no timeline given

Alec Hansen continues to progress, and is throwing bullpens.

Robert is participating in extended training, expected to join game action late this month in Extended ST, will likely hit W-S in early June

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/white-sox-carlos-rodon-to-make-rehab-start-saturday/

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

When Burdi has his surgery, they said 2019.

From SoxMachine today.

*Zack Burdi … OK, Hahn didn’t give an update on him in this session, but Erik asked about him on the Patreon Request Line, and Hahn has said before that Burdi could be ready for game action by the All-Star break. That’d be roughly a year after he underwent Tommy John surgery.

https://www.soxmachine.com/2018/05/18/rick-hahn-addresses-almost-all-the-white-sox-injuries/

I think this pretty much seals his fate with the Sox. They won't be able to trade him for anything at the deadline and with all the prospects coming down the line, given his injury history and production, it doesn't make sense to extend him.

Guy can't stay healthy and outside of one season, which appears to be a major outlier, he's not that good. 

With Avi out for another month and Delmonico now gone for 4 to 6 weeks, I hope Palka gets extended playing time in RF. You know me, a left handed power bat is always worth giving every chance to succeed. He has acquitted himself very well, so far. If they play Leury in LF and either Engel or Thompson, in CF, they should be able to cover enough ground, to hide Palka in RF. He does have a pretty good arm, and runs surprisingly well, for a big guy.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:32 PM, Lillian said:

With Avi out for another month and Delmonico now gone for 4 to 6 weeks, I hope Palka gets extended playing time in RF. You know me, a left handed power bat is always worth giving every chance to succeed. He has acquitted himself very well, so far. If they play Leury in LF and either Engel or Thompson, in CF, they should be able to cover enough ground, to hide Palka in RF. He does have a pretty good arm, and runs surprisingly well, for a big guy.

Palka is literally dreadful at RF.  Like...so bad.  

And if anyone wonders exactly how bad that is, he is LAST in all of baseball RF's who have played 50 or more innings.  Not only is he last, he is last by 34 FULL RUNS!

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=rf&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=50&type=1&season=2018&month=0&season1=2018&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=24,d&page=2_30

49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And if people are curious, the advanced stats are as bad as the eye test.

He has a UZR of -55.7!!! right now.  That means his defense is costing the team an entire run EVERY THREE GAMES!

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=14897&position=DH/OF

It's astounding to me that a MLB player could be that bad at defense in his mid 20s.  Watching him it appears that he has never taken a fungo in his life.  Was he a 1B or what?