Injury updates

southsider2k5

Updates on the Garcia's. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/news-notes-from-white-sox-gm-rick-hahns-presser/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Hahn said that right fielder Avisail Garcia’s minor league rehab assignment could last seven to 10 days. Garcia sufferered a Grade 2 hamstring strain and has been out since April 23.

*Outfielder Leury Garcia (knee sprain) is “not too far behind” making a rehab assignment, Hahn said.

TBH I'd send Tilson down before Engel. Engel is the better defender, has more upside with the bat, and Tilson might actually benefit from a demotion at this point considering his time away from baseball

Avisail Garcia, hitting .333 with two home runs, three doubles and seven RBIs over six games of an injury rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte, could be back with the White Sox this weekend. The same holds true for infielder/outfielder Leury Garcia, who is 4-for-10 in his three-game injury rehab stint with the Knights.

From Merkin on whitesox.com

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
Forgot source

On 6/20/2018 at 7:00 AM, Jake said:

TBH I'd send Tilson down before Engel. Engel is the better defender, has more upside with the bat, and Tilson might actually benefit from a demotion at this point considering his time away from baseball

I think I disagree with this. Tilson's been better with the bat at every level than Engel; with him just getting back into playing shape, his bat may even improve. Engel and Thompson are both getting into Jacob May Territory.

DRS hates both players, with Engel's -5 being marginally better than Tilson's -6. UZR's ARM rates Tilson a -1.1, and Engel a -1.6. In effect, they're roughly equal in the field, although Engel's craptitude at the bat has made the SOX puff up his glove to justify his roster spot in this and last year.

For THIS year's team, I think we already know what Engel is/isn't, and I think we've seen how this movie ends. Tilson, Delmonico, Palka, and Leury are all more interesting, for various reasons. I'd simply rather have longer looks at those four than see Thompson and Engel, IMO.

Long term, either Tilson or Engel is a 4th/5th OFer and baserunning sub on a good team, IMO. On the next good SOX team, it depends on what they do @ DH between Davidson/Palka/perhaps Delmonico; I think I'd like to see more of Delmonico, as his BaBIP makes him look a bit unlucky so far. Palka's O-swing and K rate make him look like a prime regression candidate.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Robert is back on the DL with a thumb injury. I don't know if it is the same one he hurt in spring training or not.

Eloy left the game today after he hurt himself on a swing. Garfein thinks it may be a leg injury.

They keep dropping like flies the past three seasons.

• Like 1

Here you go gang:

Robert out another four to eight weeks with another injury to that thumb. Assuming the middle ground (four weeks), that'll run his total time missed to 16 weeks (four months) of time because of two injuries to the same thumb.

Eloy out two weeks with a strained left adductor muscle.

So the total for the prospects is: Robert (two serious injuries), Eloy, Dunning, Burger (two serious injuries), Burdi, Cordell, Hansen and Adolfo.

The "baseball-gods" keep giving the middle finger to the Sox. Unbelievable. 

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here you go gang:

Robert out another four to eight weeks with another injury to that thumb. Assuming the middle ground (four weeks), that'll run his total time missed to 16 weeks (four months) of time because of two injuries to the same thumb.

Eloy out two weeks with a strained left adductor muscle.

So the total for the prospects is: Robert (two serious injuries), Eloy, Dunning, Burger (two serious injuries), Burdi, Cordell, Hansen and Adolfo.

The "baseball-gods" keep giving the middle finger to the Sox. Unbelievable. 

I wouldn't call the injuries to Robert and Jimenez serious. I would call Roberts lengthy but nothing that is serious that would effect his playing. All of the others are serious enough to effect their future.

Personally given the number of injuries, the time not playing, the inconsistent performances of some guys and the youth of others I hope the Sox don't call anybody up this year.

Let the guys heal, maybe Hansen, Dunning, Robert can play in the Arizona Fall League and then see everyone in February.

Yeah it stinks that they won’t be playing for a MILB team but there are ways to make up lost playing time like instructs, winter leauges,  and the AFL. 

I don’t think that Jimenez was going to come up this year anyway. The Sox should probably get Robert one of those mits Trout and Ohtani wear.