Rangers @ White Sox, Moore @ Fulmer, 5/18, 7:10 PM, NBCH+, GT

soxfan49

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nothing left to learn?  Both had big struggles in AAA.  

Fulmer is 24 and Giloito was drafted 6 years ago. It is put up or shut up time for these two. What happens if you send them down to Charlotte and they continue to walk everyone in sight? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

what a weak ass throw.   FFS use your god damn brain you are not Vlad out there.  You have an arm only Juan Pierre envies.  THROW IT TO 2ND.

Was in car for a few minutes and DJ sounded disgusted by Delmonico's defense

4 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Fulmer is 24 and Giloito was drafted 6 years ago. It is put up or shut up time for these two. What happens if you send them down to Charlotte and they continue to walk everyone in sight? 

Both never had true success in AAA. If the struggles continue for Giolito, he needs to go back down to work as a starter. Fulmer needs to work as a reliever, which supposedly was the plan before they got fooled by a few good starts at end of last year 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

It’s early yet. Fulmer is still learning on a rebuilding team in a throwaway season. I predict he will be a winner 

I predict he is not on the WSox next time they are an above .500 team

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I predict he is not on the WSox next time they are an above .500 team

I predict 23/25 of the current MLB roster are not on the Sox the next time they are above .500. The only exceptions are Moncada and MAYBE Anderson. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

This is like watching a little league game.

I'm glad I unignored you this year I've had some bonding moments.  That popout, that went like 20 feet high from Engel had me thinking the exact same thing.  I had a flashback to many summer nights as a kid.

There is nothing more little league than a shit, off balance swing resulting in a 20 foot high popup down the 1st base line.  I must have caught hundreds of those in my days.

17 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

You gotta just keep running them out there. They have nothing left to learn in AAA. 

What does this mean, exactly?

Fulmer hasn't had a FIP below 5 since 2016 between AA and AAA. He hasn't had a BB/9 below 4 since his abbreviated AAA stint that same year.

So I ask again: What, exactly does "he has nothing left to prove" mean, when his numbers show that he's been pretty craptacular since he's been a pro.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I predict 23/25 of the current MLB roster are not on the Sox the next time they are above .500. The only exceptions are Moncada and MAYBE Anderson. 

If that's the case, then Rick Hahn wont be the GM either.

Actually, he might be because Reinsdorf.

I'll revise that to: If that's the case,  the. Rick Hahn shouldn't be the GM either

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Both never had true success in AAA. If the struggles continue for Giolito, he needs to go back down to work as a starter. Fulmer needs to work as a reliever, which supposedly was the plan before they got fooled by a few good starts at end of last year 

I see your point. However, what do you do if you send them down to Charlotte and they continue to suck? Send them down to Birmingham?

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This is like watching a little league game.

The kid hasn’t even pitched a full season at the MLB level and neither has Giolito or Lopez. It is  an oddity when a pitcher debuts as an ace. Experience is what they are getting. These results should have been expected. It’s no fun losing but the future looks good. Now it’s possible Fulmer does end up as a relief pitcher and I seem to remember that being floated as possible. Time will tell 

Edited by elrockinMT