Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Jose Rondon being recalled

Recommended Posts

Since he's a 2B/SS/3B, I'd imagine we'll sometimes DH Moncada/Anderson/Yolmer and put him in the field? Or actually make Yolmer an outfielder to make more room for Davidson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Since he's a 2B/SS/3B, I'd imagine we'll sometimes DH Moncada/Anderson/Yolmer and put him in the field? Or actually make Yolmer an outfielder to make more room for Davidson?

I’m not sure I follow.  Won’t the outfield simply be Leury, Engel, & Palka/Trayce with Rondon serving as the backup infielder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not sure I follow.  Won’t the outfield simply be Leury, Engel, & Palka/Trayce with Rondon serving as the backup infielder?

That is one putrid outfield. Vomit inducing almost.  This Sox team is looking more and more like a 110 loss ball club with each passing day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I do think that Renteria will follow up on his threat to play Yolmer in the OF. He's athletic enough to be a solid corner but given his lack of experience, he's likely to be pretty rough at first. But, more versatility = better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not sure I follow.  Won’t the outfield simply be Leury, Engel, & Palka/Trayce with Rondon serving as the backup infielder?

I guess my question is more of me wondering where Rondon will ever play since Moncada and Anderson don't really need off days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I guess my question is more of me wondering where Rondon will ever play since Moncada and Anderson don't really need off days. 

  We could give TA a month off and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I guess my question is more of me wondering where Rondon will ever play since Moncada and Anderson don't really need off days. 

He’s a bench piece, I don’t think they expect to get much playing time.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zisk said:

  We could give TA a month off and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

The hatred for Tim Anderson by a select few on this board is really bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anderson and Yolmer are headed for 2.8 fWAR numbers at their current pace.

Not exceptionally great, but you stick with him for now until there’s someone to push him at SS.  The argument between Davidson and Yolmer is a more interesting one until they draft Madrigal and they have to make some decisions two years from now.

It’s also possible Anderson becomes another version of Chone Figgins who plays all over the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Anderson and Yolmer are headed for 2.8 fWAR numbers at their current pace.

Not exceptionally great, but you stick with him for now until there’s someone to push him at SS.  The argument between Davidson and Yolmer is a more interesting one until they draft Madrigal and they have to make some decisions two years from now.

It’s also possible Anderson becomes another version of Chone Figgins who plays all over the field.

There is nothing wrong with a 25 year old, 3+ WAR SS and that’s what Tim will be by the end of the season.  A few people focus too much on the mistakes he makes and ignore the fact Tim is already a pretty good player and has the tools to become a great one.  We’re already seeing substantial progress with his plate discipline, which was the one area that could limit his ceiling.  He’s going to be a key part of core whether people like it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There is nothing wrong with a 25 year old, 3+ WAR SS and that’s what Tim will be by the end of the season.  A few people focus too much on the mistakes he makes and ignore the fact Tim is already a pretty good player and has the tools to become a great one.  We’re already seeing substantial progress with his plate discipline, which was the one area that could limit his ceiling.  He’s going to be a key part of core whether people like it or not.

Ok let's wait and see. The strikeouts are a little more under control and he's walking more now. But it hasn't translated much to pitch selection when he does swing - more selective at the plate but still a free swinger which is odd. That makes me think he is looking for pitches in a location of the plate but not a specific pitch. Don't put all our eggs in one basket and draft a SS this year or next. System is dry.

Edited by soxforlife05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×