5/19 Games - some kid named Rodon

Heads22

• Heads22 changed the title to 5/19 Games - some kid named Rodon
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yup. 1 strikeout today, and he had at least one deep flyout to the wall. They've got his number for suuuuure. *green*

Seriously kids been on a hot streak to get his numbers to where they are of course he wasn't going to continue to hit for ever but there is an obvious drastic change to his approach.

In other news Eloy and Luis Gonzalez each need to be bumped up and challenged. 

Good to see Skoug raking lately, wow....if he can maintain this at all levels I wouldn't mind (Obviously optimistic)
Luis Gonzalez is absolutely killing him, wonder what his ceiling is? 15 homers/15 SB/.300 guy?
Saw Dedelow getting attention as well finally, little old for the level but great guy with a great bat...sorta hot shit in college

Tyler Johnson is just absolutely filthy, good chance he's a real good reliever for us sooner than later...reminds me of when D-Rob was effective

Can't wait to see Jimenez up, Christ

Also good to see Adams get 9 Ks, reminiscent of when he was very relevant two years ago or so

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

With Soto called up, Albies and Acuna called up, I’m not really buying the “rush” train of thought with Jimenez. More like “challenge”

All players are different. Just because younger players come up and succeed doesnt mean its right for everyone. Its based on the emotional maturity, handling failure and the ability to adjust. Jimenez may be there. This is where the coaches that have worked with him are important.

15 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I don’t doubt that Jimenez is emotionally mature.  It’s one thing everyone agrees on about him.  Defense may need work, but his approach and maturity are ready now.

Exactly.