Super Fun White Sox Happy Time Game Thread II vs Rangers

Heads22

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

how do you get jammed on that?  as a mlb hitter?  Come on TA.  Swing the fucking bat like you mean it.

The walks have been great, but I also feel like it's causing him to be far less aggressive in his swings. His average is currently free falling 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The walks have been great, but I also feel like it's causing him to be far less aggressive in his swings. His average is currently free falling 

I think there's an analogy to pitchers who can throw strikes and not hit spots. Tim is getting better at identifying strikes from non-strikes, I think, but he's not doing a good job identifying good pitches to hit from non-good pitches to hit. Hopefully he's just in a bit of a funk where his decision-making is a little out of whack.

Just now, Jake said:

I think there's an analogy to pitchers who can throw strikes and not hit spots. Tim is getting better at identifying strikes from non-strikes, I think, but he's not doing a good job identifying good pitches to hit from non-good pitches to hit. Hopefully he's just in a bit of a funk where his decision-making is a little out of whack.

At times, it seems he's trying so hard to walk that he's passing on good pitches to hit or swinging far too late 

2 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

You sound like you think he designed this team to win games. 

No but when you have 3/5 of your rotation made up of young pitching, having one of the worst group of defensive outfielders in a long time is poor planning.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic