AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

southsider2k5

That was a fantastic display. Much needed after his last outing. 

Abreu will likely be our All-Star, but if we were a better team. Lopez would stand a decent chance if he keeps this up. Maybe he really zones in and makes it anyway? Doubtful, but a couple more outings like that...

Good game. Don;t really understand those who were pushing for Reylo to go longer. Doesn't he have a problem bringing his good stuff from start to start ? You notice his last start was shorter so maybe that's why his stuff was extra crispy today. Let's see how his stuff plays next start after going 8 today. No need to tax his arm / Maybe 95-100 pitch max should be it for now.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Good game. Don;t really understand those who were pushing for Reylo to go longer. Doesn't he have a problem bringing his good stuff from start to start ? You notice his last start was shorter so maybe that's why his stuff was extra crispy today. Let's see how his stuff plays next start after going 8 today. No need to tax his arm / Maybe 95-100 pitch max should be it for now.

You condition a marathoner by running miles. If he wants to be a guy who can go nine, he needs to practice going 7 and 8 first.

Hawk brought up an interesting comparison for Lopez today: Bartolo Colon. He definitely pitched like Bartolo today, throwing 75 fastballs out of 107 pitches. I think Reynaldo can become a more well-round pitcher than Bartolo (no fat joke intended), but I wonder if he can use this fastball heavy approach to his advantage while he polishes the secondary stuff.

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Hawk brought up an interesting comparison for Lopez today: Bartolo Colon. He definitely pitched like Bartolo today, throwing 75 fastballs out of 107 pitches. I think Reynaldo can become a more well-round pitcher than Bartolo (no fat joke intended), but I wonder if he can use this fastball heavy approach to his advantage while he polishes the secondary stuff.

You think Reynaldo Lopez can become a more well-rounded pitcher than a potential HOF’r in Bartolo Colon? Lofty.

29 minutes ago, Jake said:

Colon always had the style of doing just enough to win. If he needed 92 to win, he'd throw 92. If he needed 98 in the 9th, he'd find it.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

You condition a marathoner by running miles. If he wants to be a guy who can go nine, he needs to practice going 7 and 8 first.

I know the obvious answer. It's just a slower process when you have trouble bringing your good stuff from start to start. He's not a big guy and I'd prefer the Sox tread lightly and keep his arm fresher. Right now I'd think  they just need to concentrate on keeping an eye on  his innings  for the season rather than  pushing the limits on individual starts.

If he pitches north of 175 inning this year  that's enough for me. Going nine is a thing of the past except on rare occasions now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside