5/21 Games

joejoedairy

Kevin Maitan was one everyone probably got hoodwinked on.

Perhaps we overreacted a couple of years ago about Benintendi and Devers...Devers, so far, has taken a step back.  Swihart is STILL an interesting possibility if we could pry him lose from Boston (speaking of catcher obsessions).

At different points, we all wanted Swanson/T.Turner/Bregman & Tucker via trade.  And all those potential targets with the Pirates haven't turned out to be as good as once projected.

Torres in NY has been as good as advertised.

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ian Clarkin is really bad at baseball.

I'm starting to think that the Sox development staff have Clarkin working on something mechanically, there's no way that he is this bad given his track record in the minors to this point. Add in the fact that Montgomery has 5 SBs on him tonight and it just seems like he's focused on the pitching aspects exclusively.

Just now, Bruce_Blixton said:

I'm starting to think that the Sox development staff have Clarkin working on something mechanically, there's no way that he is this bad given his track record in the minors to this point. Add in the fact that Montgomery has 5 SBs on him tonight and it just seems like he's focused on the pitching aspects exclusively.

I hope you are right, he’s always had pretty good control and now he’s walking like crazy it seems.

Tilson .262 BA  over last 10 games.  Maybe some rust coming off?  Heck if he hits .300 for a week, I'm about ready for his shot.  Is this the year Eddie Alvarez gets a Sept promotion for a feel good story?

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man I really wanted to believe in Zach Stewart.  Did not work out unfortunately.

Still ended up with one of the best game scores of the decade. He’ll always have that.